Notices

Monday!

Old 09-28-2009, 04:58 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Monday!

I've had a dry weekend and I feel fine. Day 5 now. I don't think I would have made if I hadn't joined SR last Thursday and you all stopped me from buying more drink on the way home. Heartfelt thanks. I feel so proud of myself, not to mention modest lol. If I could bottle that feeling and give it away for free I would. Last night I actually felt the sensation of falling asleep, which hasn't happened for a while. Usually the day ended by passing out. You know that feeling when you know (or sometimes not) this is the moment I need to go to bed. You try and walk quickly through the room, hoping nobody notices the stumbling (yeah right!!) all of a sudden the doors in your house have doubled in numbers and yet you still manage to hit the wall in between. You try not to say Good Night, because whatever comes out of your mouth resembles something out of Alien Nation. Even the dog tilts its head and the expression can only be described as: What the .......? How pathetic I was and still, I know that the moment will come when that split personality alcohol created will bring out the drunk in me and will call. When that happens I will log into SR, I will call a friend, I will walk the dog that still has that expression on her face (bless her), I will do anything and everything that is in my power not to listen. And as for today: I WILL NOT DRINK! Be strong.

Last edited by Saphie; 09-28-2009 at 05:26 AM.
Old 09-28-2009, 05:17 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

You go girl! Keep at it one day at a time.
Old 09-28-2009, 05:33 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Awesome!

Good to see you this Monday AM!! Your description of going to bed... yea I get that. One thing I really enjoy is going to sleep normally, drifting off... instead of stumbling off the side of a cliff...

Congrats on your dry weekend.

Mark
Old 09-28-2009, 05:47 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Rockstar

Great news on the dry weekend. Congrats to you
Old 09-28-2009, 05:57 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Funny how we quickly notice the difference between passing out and real sleepy head!!! LOL

Congrats on staying in the day.
Old 09-28-2009, 06:00 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
c49
Its time for bed

You will never regret passing on a opportunity to drink.

Good start!
Old 09-28-2009, 06:08 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Good start to a sober life! I like your attitude!
Old 09-28-2009, 06:32 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Congrats on the dry weekend!
Old 09-28-2009, 06:35 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Good work gal...on day 5 myself...
Old 09-28-2009, 06:35 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Had a bit of a relpase..a bit as in wine on the couch every other night..
Old 09-28-2009, 07:05 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Well done Saphie! I too had my first dry weekend in a long while and it was wonderful. I know exactly the moment you are talking about, thank you for the reminder!
Old 09-28-2009, 07:18 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Writing the thread this morning reminded me of my last night in a very short stay in rehab (only 7 days) 2 1/2 years ago. On the last night the girls and I stayed in our room (21 yrs , 36 yrs. and me (46 then) the old woman) and we talked about the not so good ol' days. But we started giggling and laughing so hard - we were told off cause it was late. All of a sudden we realized what a good time we were having and we were totally sober. It was magic. It takes a group of people like you to make that happen.
Old 09-28-2009, 02:51 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats on day 5 Saphie!
Good to see you again too 4todayinTN...congrats to you too

D
Old 09-28-2009, 02:58 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Hey Saphie. I love what you say above about when you were laughing with those girls in rehab and realised how happy you were and totally sober. I often feel great happiness/laughter in times (much better than when aided by chemicals TBH) but I always got a feeling of feeling like I wanted to increase it even more...kinda hard to explain. It is only now that I realise I was actually taking away from the feelings by trying to take my natural laughter even higher by using booze/drugs. Must be the alcoholic in my personality.

Well done. Remember keep everything "one day at a time".

Peace and Love
Old 09-28-2009, 03:09 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

WOO HOO!!!!! Good job, very nice.
Old 09-28-2009, 03:36 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Love my puppies

Originally Posted by Saphie View Post
Writing the thread this morning reminded me of my last night in a very short stay in rehab (only 7 days) 2 1/2 years ago. On the last night the girls and I stayed in our room (21 yrs , 36 yrs. and me (46 then) the old woman) and we talked about the not so good ol' days. But we started giggling and laughing so hard - we were told off cause it was late. All of a sudden we realized what a good time we were having and we were totally sober. It was magic. It takes a group of people like you to make that happen.
I had almost the same thing happen to me while I was in rehab...mine was 33 days though. But you do find yourself laughing and giggling and act all goofy ant that is such a testament that life can be fun without going back to the bottle!! Great job on day 5! Awesome!!