Notices

Whew!

Old 09-21-2009, 02:34 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
One Foot in Front of the Other

Whew!

Got my liver panel results back today and all is normal! Have been worried about this for the past few weeks due to the combination of beer and Cymbalta.

Day 14 for me...time to stop worrying about this now, and put that energy into my program.

Thanks for listening!
Old 09-21-2009, 02:38 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

It's amazing what the liver can recover from. I know I pushed mine to the limit. I now owe it a nice and gentle rest of its life.

Congrats on two weeks
Old 09-21-2009, 02:57 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by WantToHeal View Post
Got my liver panel results back today and all is normal! Have been worried about this for the past few weeks due to the combination of beer and Cymbalta.

Day 14 for me...time to stop worrying about this now, and put that energy into my program.

Thanks for listening!

great news want to heal.....we quit the same day and the first few days my liver was very tender and sore from the abuse i had put it through.

i guess i should have gone to the doctor but bein' a dumb@@@ guy i didn't. i feel great now. maybe after i have a couple months (the optimist speaks) i'll go in for a full physical. i know when i quit for 3 months last year my doc said i was in great shape.

back on point......GREAT FOR YOU.....WOOOO-HOOOO.
Old 09-21-2009, 03:12 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks for the support and encouragement, guys! Fallenman, I know this is Day 14 for you too. Hope it's a good one!

Originally Posted by a fallen man View Post
i guess i should have gone to the doctor but bein' a dumb@@@ guy i didn't.
This is my tendency as well. With my anxiety kicking back up, however, I had to decide whether to face the fear of going into the doctor and maybe getting bad news, or just spiraling off into fear of the unknown.

Needless to say, glad I chose door #1...
Old 09-21-2009, 04:26 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

That's great news! I had blood work done 2 weeks ago after coming clean with my Dr. I need to make a follow-up appointment to go over the results and I hope the news is as good as yours. It's amazing how I worried for literally years about what I was doing to this precious organ of mine, but kept drowning it in alcohol anyways. I just hope it's forgiving.
Old 09-21-2009, 06:22 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Starfishrunning, I hope so to. The liver is a resilient organ, but I was worried that I had pushed it too far with not one but two potentially dangerous substances.

Nothing like being given a second chance, to make you re-think some things.

Be well!