Notices

stressed out

Old 09-23-2009, 01:49 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

stressed out

I am coming up on two weeks and today I feel like life stress is really getting the best of me- I am finding it really hard to breathe and relax today. I *know* that drinking won't make it any better, or make me better able to handle all the stuff I have to- but I don't like feeling like this!!! Argh. Anyway, thanks for letting me vent. It's just been a really challenging day.
Old 09-23-2009, 01:58 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

i promise you that it will get better is you just dont drink. i remember my first couple of weeks and months, and i am here to tell you that things WILL get better. you will learn to deal with life and the little things will not feel so overwhelming. it seems like its always the little things that get me, and if i dont deal with the ones that i can change, they build and snowball. it will get better and easier. hang in there and congrats on 2 weeks!:praying
Old 09-23-2009, 02:32 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
aka Glenna :)

I get this way, too. I just relapsed, but before that I had almost 3 weeks of sobriety, and the anxiety was lessened every day getting everything out of my system. I hate having to start over, but look forward to that happening again.
Old 09-23-2009, 02:48 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Well, I'm on my way

I'm right behind you. Literally. Coming up on my first week. Do you have a chance to have a walk or get a change of scenery? I don't know if it might help. Make funny faces in the mirror?

Pulling for you.
Old 09-23-2009, 02:53 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

thanks for the replies. I just ate a salad and I feel a little better. maybe I should go exercise later- I just get so wound up sometimes!!!!
Old 09-23-2009, 03:10 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Exercise is a very good thing - especially for stress Daisy.
I need some myself today

D