Where are the sponsors? - Page 4 - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information
Go Back   SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information >
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-22-2009, 04:14 PM   #61 (permalink)

there is recovery going on in Florida! I used to purchase our literature for our local NA area from the Florida Regional Service Office. One of my former sponsors is a licsenced vendor for NA products and her sponsor lives in Florida. She shares with me how Florida is having conventions frequently!! Maybe check out the www.NA.org - the website for the Fellowship of Narcotics Anonymous and go to the Florida seciton and check out their calendar of events. There should be some conventions listed. NA conventions are a good place to pick up a sponsor.

If you'd like me to give you the phone number the Florida Regional Service Office (FRSO) I know the Office Manager there...they can provide you with schedules so you can widen your foundation for your recovery.

Peace and be well,
Missy
Missybuns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 06:13 PM   #62 (permalink)

I kind of gave up on NA. About a year and a half ago, I tried going to a few meetings and ended up going to empty buildings (one with a No Trespassing sign!) and asking maintenance workers at a church where the meeting was. I figured that I should just go to the places I was familiar with rather than looking for meetings that may or may not exist.

I just checked and the three meetings are still on the list on NA's website. Maybe it was just one week that no one showed up to these meetings or the list is out of date.
miamifella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 02:23 PM   #63 (permalink)

miami,
My suggestion was to use the na website to find a convention to attend with the idea of exposing yourself to a sponsor. I also offered a phone number so you can get a current meeting schedule for your region. Regional websites are not the most ideal place to get a current meeting. Some areas are great at their up dates but not all are.
If you want the phone number to your Regional Service Office I will gladly send it right over to you. I'm going to go out on a limb and say the office manager would even mail you one or let you know where the closest meeting to you is so you can pick up the current schedule at that meeting.

Florida has big time NA!

Sincerely,
Missy
Missybuns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 04:36 PM   #64 (permalink)

Thanks Missy--

I certainly hope that they would update their website sooner than every 2 years---but stranger things have happened.

It did not occur to me that the list they have in the office might be different than the one published. I will look it up and call tomorrow at the start of the business day.

Thanks for the suggestion.

I do not know if I am ready for a convention for an organization I have not been involved in! But that may come.
miamifella is offline   Reply With Quote