Notices

The 4 week positivity challenge-Join if you wish

Old 10-12-2009, 01:01 PM
  # 201 (permalink)  

I had the most lovely day yesterday of pampering and relaxation. And it results in overwhelming gratitude.
I always take Sundays off for nurturing and growth, but have many ways I celebrate and do that.

So I woke up feeling so very wonderful today and want to get some things done around here to be of service and express my gratitude...
Old 10-12-2009, 06:07 PM
  # 202 (permalink)  
mergirl

My union and my company are working out a deal that should make it much more possible for me to stay with the company and get a full time job, Yay!

I think we are on date 3 or 4. He is nice. He is taking things much slower than I generally do, which is a marvel and a revelation haha!
Old 10-12-2009, 06:38 PM
  # 203 (permalink)  
6/20/08

I catch myself saying a quiet thank you for my sobriety...not every day...but a lot. And whenever I do that, I almost come to tears. The realization that I can live the rest of my life like this...so hard to explain.
Old 10-12-2009, 07:21 PM
  # 204 (permalink)  
Well, I'm on my way

First day back at work. Everybody was so wonderful to me, welcoming me back, saying how good I looked, telling me they'd been praying for/pulling for me. I can't believe how wonderful people are (most, anyway). I can't imagine putting myself and the people around me through that kind of mess again. Please God.

I've been given another assignment for tomorrow morning. I am so... HAPPY!
Old 10-12-2009, 07:47 PM
  # 205 (permalink)  
Resident

It is good to hear that things are working out well on both the job front and the dating front Gypsy. Sometimes slow is good. Get to know each other and all that other stuff.
Glad to hear things went well for you at work to mariechi. A job well done and the respect that comes from it is a good source of positivety.
Sometimes I feel the same way coffee so I know exactly what you mean and it is great. That sense of being in total control of yourself.
Just thought I would add a few comments before bed and thanks again for everyone that posts here. It is all inspirational and uplifting for me.
Old 10-12-2009, 09:19 PM
  # 206 (permalink)  

Thank you I have joined the challenge starting now. Today was good because I was sober. I went grocery shopping, bought my daughter some new pants and had a good dinner. Tomorrow is another day and I pray for Gods help to stay sober again tomorrow. 24 hrs at a time. That is how we have to live. I'm trying to remember that.
Old 10-13-2009, 04:28 AM
  # 207 (permalink)  
Resident

Week 4 Day 4
I spent most of yesterday listening to a friend who was struggling with life and encouraging him. I am glad that I am a caring compassionate person. It also reminded me that no matter what our trials are there is usually someone that is facing bigger challenges and helping them is a noble thing to try to do.
Old 10-13-2009, 05:05 PM
  # 208 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

I woke up battling negativity. Had a restless night & some bad dreams. Don't know what got me started, but I was looking at the down side of everything. The thought of coming here and not having anything positive to say made me feel bad - and I wouldn't come here and write fake cheery stuff. So, I made myself snap out of it.

As Fubar said, no matter what our trials are there's always someone worse off. I have no reason to feel sorry for myself. As the morning went on, I got busy doing things and forgot why I was so miserable. Of course it would be unnatural to expect everything to be sunshine & rainbows every minute of the day - but now when I start to slip into self-pity mode I catch myself before I waste the whole day being 'poor me'.
Old 10-13-2009, 05:28 PM
  # 209 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Hevyn View Post
I woke up battling negativity. Had a restless night & some bad dreams. Don't know what got me started, but I was looking at the down side of everything. The thought of coming here and not having anything positive to say made me feel bad - and I wouldn't come here and write fake cheery stuff. So, I made myself snap out of it.

As Fubar said, no matter what our trials are there's always someone worse off. I have no reason to feel sorry for myself. As the morning went on, I got busy doing things and forgot why I was so miserable. Of course it would be unnatural to expect everything to be sunshine & rainbows every minute of the day - but now when I start to slip into self-pity mode I catch myself before I waste the whole day being 'poor me'.
puppy pics will be here by next week heyvn.....that will make you smile.

and im kicking the cigs on the 20th....
Old 10-13-2009, 07:37 PM
  # 210 (permalink)  
Well, I'm on my way

Trucker, good for you on the smoking thing . My fella and I are planning on kicking the cigs Thanksgiving holiday. We've figured out we need to do this together when his kids aren't there to catch the fallout. Wish us luck, we'll need it. Wow, no booze and no smokes. What a different world it will be. No coughing and hacking.

Another lovely autumn day here in the Sun City. Nothing spectacular, just all good.
Old 10-13-2009, 08:05 PM
  # 211 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Ooooh, puppy pics! That's wonderful - can't wait.

Shaun, Anne & Mr. Anne are quitting cigs! There's a positive thought. (Now if only my husband can do it - he tried and failed with Chantix last yr.)

Sweet dreams, everyone.
Old 10-13-2009, 09:50 PM
  # 212 (permalink)  

day two

Hi everybody. I am back and have been sober for day 2. I have been trying to pray as often as I can, eat right, stay busy either working or being a Dad. I know I am powerless over alcohol and just for today am surrendering it to God. I hope everybody has a great day tomorrow.
Old 10-13-2009, 10:12 PM
  # 213 (permalink)  
mergirl

welcome back=)

I griped all the way through work today, and it wasn't until I got home I realized I love my job, silly girl! So tomorrow I am going to remember to be grateful, even as my shoes and socks are soggy!!!

I love that I am gaining the skills to analyze my moods and decide if I have a legit reason to be down, or if I need to adjust. What a powerful tool I denied myself of by handling all of life's trials with booze.
Old 10-14-2009, 05:52 AM
  # 214 (permalink)  
Resident

Week 4 Day 5
As my wife headed off to work today I realized how lucky I am to have a lot of leisure time to do as I please when I please. I will have to remember this one when I am totally bored silly and start to think that I wouldn't be bored if I had a few drinks at the neighborhood bar.
Old 10-14-2009, 11:26 AM
  # 215 (permalink)  
IO Storm

Nice thread Fub!

I was up late sitting with my mother's having chest pains again and am tired this morning.

But I am grateful...focusing on all the things I am grateful for.

I'm going to a friend's 16 year sobriety birthday tonight...that's something else!
Old 10-14-2009, 11:32 AM
  # 216 (permalink)  

I woke in a great mood, laughing and being silly and David is laughing with me!
Old 10-14-2009, 01:53 PM
  # 217 (permalink)  
mergirl

What a difference an attitude adjust can make! I worked in the rain again today, but I loved it=) I am in a spectacular mood, thanks fub=)
Old 10-14-2009, 03:07 PM
  # 218 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Yes, thank you Fub - for this thread and for making me think twice before I slip into a sad or self-pitying mood. It's helped me every day to come here and see what everyone's said.
Old 10-14-2009, 09:43 PM
  # 219 (permalink)  

I woke up really early - 5th day I've not been able to sleep properly. But I'm happy enough!
Hoping to get some work today but, if not, will go out and get some exercise and clean the house.
Have a good day, all.
Old 10-15-2009, 05:18 AM
  # 220 (permalink)  
Resident

Week 4 Day 6
I have no desire or obsession for material goods. I feel no jealousy over the things that others have and I genuinely believe that having things like big houses and cars has nothing whatsoever to do with ones happiness.