SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   G'Day (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/184616-gday.html)

nogard 09-17-2009 05:15 PM

G'Day

How is your day going?

Its early spring here and warm today
Its Friday which is kinda nice
I am at peace with myself and the world right now, which is a frigging miracle.

How you doing?

Aysha 09-17-2009 05:24 PM

Its getting cold here. Winter is well on its way. And it is coming fast.
I am ok today. I just got over a minor panic episode. Orientation for school totally scared the **** out of me.
It took some time to come down from that fear. But I am better now.
So as always. That fear turns into determination.
I am in the process of making some cheese fries.
Cant get high to feel better anymore. Might as well eat something good.

nogard 09-17-2009 05:31 PM

I just looked out the window and both my dogs Tobi and Rana where standing at the edge of the verandah looking down at three horses that had come to vistit us from our neighbours property, which I had thought to pick the camera up!

Anna 09-17-2009 05:33 PM

I'm so glad that things are going well for you, Kev. :ghug3

It's early Fall here and absolutely beautiful. We have had sunny, warm weather for weeks now and it's been great for long walks.

nogard 09-17-2009 05:36 PM

whats changed really is my attitude Anna and doing what I can and letting the rest be.

The walks sound lovely. I am enjoying this area again now that I am leaving, I don't know how that works

Gypsy Feet 09-17-2009 05:57 PM

It was warm and beautiful working with a view of the beach all day. I am in a "I should pinch myself and see if I am dreaming" oh so content state.

It's amazing, really

tallcactus 09-17-2009 07:38 PM

oh..Gypsy Feet,
Really miss my ocean, grew up on one.
Hot, hot, hot here, still summer, but cooling...some, only 94 degrees today.
:abcl:
Stay strong everyone.

tyler 09-17-2009 08:03 PM

G'day, got another hour before it's Friday here!! Still warm and sultry in the evening here in Eastern North Carolina. I remember my time "down under" fondly. I spent a year in Adaliade as an exchange student a little more than 20 years ago. I have fond memories of my Aussie friends, who were very warm and welcoming.

Life in general is getting better for me. A little more than 5 months clean, a new job, more time with my son, not much to complain about. Hope you're doing well. Take care.

coffeenut 09-17-2009 08:33 PM

It was a beautiful fall day. Beautiful. I was busier than heck. And sometimes I wonder how I ever had time to drink....seriously!

Great Thread!

Auschick 09-17-2009 09:55 PM

G'day!

It's a little chilly in WA at the moment too, but the sun is out and the wildflowers are in full bloom, so spring has sprung.

I am having an eventfull day, I just got offered a job interview, that is a little scarey for me as I have been a stay at home mum for the last 8yrs, but am up for the challenge of a full time Job.

Auschick.

yeahgr8 09-17-2009 10:54 PM

Life is good, weather is fine, 7.45am, sitting cross legged on the bed (as nature intended) on laptop, cup'o'tea listening to 'nobody move' by eazy-e whilst contemplating mischief that i can get up to today...luvly jubly!

Sikkisirus 09-18-2009 01:21 AM

Life is pretty neat, ive just just mucked out my stables, and about to do a hay run on my ATV. The weather is turning tho, we had a really bad summer but now its gone the sun seems to be coming out more. Crazy UK weather :)

shaun00 09-18-2009 03:44 AM

nogard stole our summer...chilly morning and leaves on the lawn.

day/night off for me......:c014:

Tazman53 09-18-2009 04:25 AM

Today I am doing well, kind of basking in the miracle of recovery today, it has been 3 years + 1 day since my last drink. I can remember well the fear of the unknown that morning as I walked into the detox facility, the weather was nice, like it is today, but I was a mess then, full of fear, self hatred, self pity, anger......

Life is good today, far from perfect, but peaceful and serene, the promises continue to come true today.

Thanks for the thread mate! Glad to hear you and others are doing well.

Man sobriety rocks!!!!

nogard 09-19-2009 06:12 PM

Fantastic and congrats again ((((Taz))))

Having a good Sunday just about to chair a meeting here

Pancake 09-19-2009 06:23 PM

Dear Kevin,

I'm so happy for you that you are at peace and enjoying your Recovery!! So am I. After quite a twist last weekend this weekend I am enjoying the beauty and fall colors that surround us, the gorgeous weather, life in general is awesome and gets better each day that I'm Sober and also quite loving to smitherines this amazing FORUM and all you equally amazing friends!!! :ws_flower

Thanks for a great thread Kevin!

Love Pancake xo

PS **Have a great Meeting**

nogard 09-20-2009 05:40 PM

been listening to and watching parts of Cats in particular Memories - the lyrics are a real message for me. I want so much to feel alive again just like I did when I first heard that many years ago.

I realise I have got so used to struggling that its become norm, not sure how to chnage this just that I want to, so this is a start.

nogard 09-21-2009 02:32 PM

Its gone back to winter today :(
Glad it will be short lived