Opiate Withdrawal - Page 2 - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information
Go Back   SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information >
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-24-2009, 05:08 PM   #21 (permalink)
TheMostSordidSpotOnEarth

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanttobefree2 View Post
The crazy thing is that I do go to NA meetings and have been clean from everything else since 1993. The opiates only really the last year due to pain. I have spend a lot of money on an education and have worked in the field of addiction. The past couple of years has been in education. I have been offered a great job again in the addiction field and know I am qualified and can do the job, I mandate myself to be off the opiates because it wouldn't be fair to the job to lie about that or try to work there with opiates in my system. I kick myself in the but for getting here, when I "should have known better" The safest way to ensure to have the drugs out of my system is to be drug free by the 24th since the drug test I have to take is the 30th. Yesterday was 90mg, today I anticipate 75mg with mild withdrawal symptoms. Pray for me, this is so important, I know I can do it, I pray and hope I can do it. Something I have been thinking about is going to talk to my primary care Dr., getting honest with him and asking for help. I will try to use this site to help me, thanks.
Welcome!

I do hope you come to join us on the substance abuse boards, as has been previously suggested. It's a good, supportive group.

I'm a recently recovering opiate addict, and I want to wish you all of the strength, luck and determination you need in getting off the pills.

I imagine you're probably not in the mood for this next part right now, but I feel the need to say the following just the same. You said this: "it wouldn't be fair to the job to lie about that or try to work there with opiates in my system," and I agree.

You've been with NA since 1993, so I imagine you have a sponsor? If so, where is your sponsor in all of this? Have you been honest with him or her about the entire situation? If for some reason you don't have a sponsor right now, do you think now might be the time to get one?

Again, best of luck!

Big hugs.

* Big Book quotes cited from the 1st edition
SteppingItUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 06:14 AM   #22 (permalink)

OMG, I can't beleive it. I have my neck injury from 1992 in NY and maintained for what 15 years without any one ever suggesting pain management like they did here. That being said, I am the one responsible for getting where I got.
wanttobefree2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 06:41 AM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanttobefree2 View Post
OMG, I can't beleive it. I have my neck injury from 1992 in NY and maintained for what 15 years without any one ever suggesting pain management like they did here. That being said, I am the one responsible for getting where I got.
Its screwed up down here bad, its a business between doctors, pharmacies, and MRI clinics that all know whats going on. But want return patients....
Wolf00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 01:19 PM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteppingItUp View Post
Welcome!

I do hope you come to join us on the substance abuse boards, as has been previously suggested. It's a good, supportive group.

I'm a recently recovering opiate addict, and I want to wish you all of the strength, luck and determination you need in getting off the pills.

I imagine you're probably not in the mood for this next part right now, but I feel the need to say the following just the same. You said this: "it wouldn't be fair to the job to lie about that or try to work there with opiates in my system," and I agree.

You've been with NA since 1993, so I imagine you have a sponsor? If so, where is your sponsor in all of this? Have you been honest with him or her about the entire situation? If for some reason you don't have a sponsor right now, do you think now might be the time to get one?

Again, best of luck!

Big hugs.
Part of my struggle has been that I have kept this all a secret. Yes I do have a sponsor but I have not been honest with him regarding the pain management med part of my life. Addiction suckered me in like it did so many years ago. Im afraid that I let myself down and everyone who loves and supports me down as well. I thank you for your support and honest confrontation. wanttobefree2
Old 09-25-2009, 08:04 PM   #25 (permalink)

Update Opiate Withdrawal

As of 9/16 I was at 90mg oxy and hydrocodone combined. 9/17 75mg, 9/18 70mg, 9/19 60mg, 9/20 55mg, 9/21 45mg, 9/22 30mg, 9/23 25mg, 9/24 10mg, 9/25 10mg. My last Xanax was 9/24 at 3:30pm. I was only taking the Xanax to help with withdrawal and Dr. said to stop them 7 days before the drug test. I am one and a half days shy of that goal, but I think without the Xanax I would not have been able to drop so quickly. I am still taking Clonopine and my Dr. encouraged me to continue taking that as needed and he would support me with documentation that the Clonopine was prescribed as needed for blood pressure control. I am going to do my best to not take any opiates because the drug test is 9/30 about 11am. I am going to purchase a drug test and take it that morning. This is the first time and hopefully the last time I will ever go through this so any input is greatly appreciated. I have some 5mg Ambien that I have taken also at night to replace the Xanax, because my understanding is that it has a quick half life. Do they even test on the drug tests for Ambien? The night time is the hardest. I am going to take a bath, very hot and hope to get some sleep. I unfortunately have to work in the morning, I have otherwise been off most of the week except for a few hours on Thursday. I have to do this guys, there is a lot riding on doing this, like my life................