Notices

First attempt, with support: New to sobriety.

Old 09-18-2009, 09:37 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Welcome to sr.........im glad your with.

lots of my friends drink as well......my wife drinks.
BUT....none of them drink like i drank..
nothing wrong with alcohol......but there sure is with ME and alcohol..

keep coming back and posting your experience.
Old 09-18-2009, 11:08 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

hello alice and welcome to sr.lots of helpful and understanding folk here at sr.its been a very powerful tool in my sobriety.i was taken to my first AA meeting when i was 18 yrs old.i thought,,"wtf" me? problem? i just got back to AA at the begining of the year.i will be 37 next month.so,thats nealry 20 years of drinking alcoholically.i can tell you it was not pretty and got worse and worse as time went by.in the last few months of my drinking things progressed very quickly indeed.i am so pleased that you have decided you would like to take a differnet path.AA has saved my life.i was desperate alcoholic,and did some terrible things,all these are behind me.i am a different person.i am happy,at peace and contented with my life.its simple enough but words cannot express how i feel inside.i could not have stopped on my own.i needed all the help i could get my hands on,and i grabbed it.i hope you do too alice.
Old 09-18-2009, 11:14 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Alice if I'd had the presence of mind to seek out help when I was your age I wouldn't have spent twenty troubled years trying to find " the way " which, for some folk definately seems to be without alcohol.

Good luck.
Old 09-21-2009, 06:09 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Smile Hi Alice

Hi Alice,

My name is Mike and I was in your position many times back in my twenties. repeating the dangerous behavior over and over again thinking that nothing would happen to me. I was also the type that always had good grades and a good job. My problem was that I didn't realize until I was nearly forty that I was not ok! You on the otherhand have realized early on. I give you much credit for that! The next step is doing something about it. You can't change what you did in regards to your boyfriend. Move on from that and get well.