Notices

Happy birthday SR!!!

Old 09-17-2009, 06:00 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

Thanks to the founder, owners, mods and folks who keep this place going. You are saving lives.
Old 09-17-2009, 06:00 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

"Happy Birthday SR!!!!

28:day5

Wow!!! I so did not realize SR is 8 years old!! That is so wonderful and I'm humbled and honoured to be part of such an amazing Forum!

I am forever grateful to Jon, the addict and his lowly computer for his "Brilliant Idea", the Mulligan Group for all their hard work, to all the Moderators, Greeters, Admins, Monitors and to ALL the Members for all they so lovingly GIVE to each of us so that we can share with one another in our Recovery and our Sobriety and have a group of "Friends" that must be comparable to HEAVEN!

Kindest Thanks and Love to all,

Pancake xo
Old 09-17-2009, 06:19 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

May I add my thanks to all the others? I, too,stumbled on SR and it has been a crucial tool in my recovery. When I logged on in April '08,I was scared of the despair that I felt to the bottom of my soul. I had tried IOP, AA, counseling and therapy, but was unable to be honest with myself and others. By reading here of successes and setbacks, I had the courage to get up, time and again, and keep trying. Today, I am blessed with the longest continuous sobriety that I have had in decades and I simply could not have gotten to this point without each and every one of you. Wherever we are, all over the world, we share the same affliction and it is the love and hope and support here which helps me every single day.

I'd like to add my thanks to Jon, for his foresight and to all the mods who tirelessly support us all, in more ways than we'll ever know.

Thank you, from the bottom of my soul.
Old 09-17-2009, 08:44 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
6/20/08

I am so very thankful for this site. I truly think it has saved my life.
Old 09-17-2009, 09:10 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SR!
:day

And thank you to everyone who contributes to making this the best recovery community on the web.
Old 09-18-2009, 11:19 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Is Jon, the founder, still involved with SR????
Old 09-18-2009, 11:37 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Psalm 118:24

Originally Posted by Ann View Post

All started by an addict named Jon, who had a computer and an idea that he believed in, and to whom I will be forever grateful.

Ann,

does anyone on here have contact with Jon? We used to drop each other pm's from time to time. I wasn't on here for a while and next thing I know, Jon had sold the site etc.
Old 09-18-2009, 05:57 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Not all better, getting better

I think Jon parted ways with SR a few years back. I'm not exactly sure of the circumstances. It seems like it was around the time the Muligan group took over administration of the site. I was under the impression that the site had grown to a size that was really unmanagible for him to handle. Perhaps Morning Glory or Carol can shed some light on this.

No matter what happened, I am still thankful he started the site and that the Muligan group keeps the fire burning!!
Old 09-19-2009, 08:55 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Happy Birthday to SR!!

And a big Thank you to all that keep this site running 24 hours a day for all of us. I wouldn't be sober today if it wasn't for finding SR.

Thank You.
Old 09-19-2009, 11:25 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Allow me to add my THANK YOU!!! to all the others. I too don't know how I would have
made it without the support and advice I have gotten here! Thank ALL OF YOU that have
a part in keeping this site running as smoothly as it does! God Bless You......