Notices

Hello --- I'm New Here

Old 09-16-2009, 09:34 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
his sweetheart

Hello --- I'm New Here

Um I'm not sure where to begin. *deep sigh*

I guess first off everyone can call me Harley or Spirit. I'm married, been married for about 2 1/2 years. My husband is an alcoholic and I'm here for support. We met online and when we first got together this wasn't even on the horizon. He didn't start this until after our first year together. He is a truckdriver. He had had a problem over 12 or 13 years ago with alcohol - he got a dui and lost his license for a year. But he went without his license up until 2 years ago this past June. When he got his license back and his cdl's, he got a job drivin over the road. We had trouble with his boss paying him - it was a small company {only 3 trucks}. He would send my husband out with no advance $$ - so basically my husband was to hungry. He still owes us over $1200. My husband went to work for someone else after dealing with this for several months. He has bounced around with several companies - 2 of them major companies but the money just wasn't there. He started drinking pretty heavy just about a year ago. I won't let him drink and drive. And he has enough sense about him to not fight me on it - He doesn't want to lose his license or cdl's. So when he does drink - I'm his DD.

I love my husband very much and I've tried to talk to him... but to no avail.

I was diagnosed a year ago July with severe sleep apnea, then arthritis and depression. I'm disabled and unable to work. I have no one to talk to about what I'm going thru here. I feel totally lost at the moment and don't really know what to do.

Nice to meet y'all
Harley
Old 09-16-2009, 09:42 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Glad you found us! So sorry for the last year that you have had to endure. I know I was the one that was driving my family crazy over the last year. Hoping you can find support and great advise here. All the best.

Jules
Old 09-16-2009, 09:45 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Hello Harley, and welcome to SR! You'll find plenty of information and support here, I hope you'll stick around and share with us.

What I'd really encourage you to do is to post your introduction in our Friends & Family forums, and start reading and posting there, it's a busy little area and they're very understanding and compassionate. I'm sure you'll find it helpful in your recovery.
Old 09-16-2009, 09:46 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Welcome to SR Harley, check out the Friends and family forum, a lot of good people there that either are or have been in the same boat you are in now. In regards to your husband, well when he stops is when he has drank enough to where it is no longer worth it.
Old 09-16-2009, 09:51 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
his sweetheart

Thank you all for your warm welcome - you have no idea how much it means to me. I'm slowly but surely making my way around and doing lots of reading too.

Harley
Old 09-16-2009, 02:44 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Disposable Hero

Welcome to the Sober Recovery community.
Old 09-16-2009, 02:47 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

welcome! i just joined today. Its just what i needed today at work!
Old 09-16-2009, 03:22 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and Welcome,

I'm so glad that you found us and that you are looking around and reading.

I am sure that you will find the support you need.
Old 09-16-2009, 05:33 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Harley Honey - I'm a bit late, but I wanted to welcome you as well. Please do check out the F and F forums as well - they're great

D