Notices

Hi, I'm wanting to heal!

Old 09-13-2009, 08:13 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Oh boy I know how you feel.

In terms of the health issue, there is not much you can do, besides not drinking. If there are ANY health complications that you are anxious about, talk to your doctor. And if you're no satisfied with that, talk to ANOTHER doctor.

In terms of being mentally and emotionally destabilized, that is a common issue with addiction as well as the feelings you are expierencing. You can't let guilt get you down (obviously you can, as addicts usually do!).

You know, it is often quoted here that relapsing is not part of recovery, but of addiction. It's just a not-so-clever use of word-use. Wanting to quit, and attempting to quit, is a huge move forward toward recovery. Screwing things up and beginning to use again is NOT good. But playing around with words is not important. Either you will recover, or you will not. It's really as simple as that. It's really up to how you want to live your life.

Without a doubt, attempting to quit puts you further along than 90% of the addicts out there. They are too busy getting high or inebriated to even consider quitting. They will at some point, and at that point they will become part of that 10% that does want to quit. Relapsing is ok, but it's not important. Whether you want to quit or not is the real issue at hand. If you do, and want to not abuse a substance to get by, then you are on the right path. Stumbling and falling only means you are moving forward, right!? It will depend whether you want it enough to stop, and that is totally up to you.

We all have the ability to kick addiction, but it's really all up to you man. I know it's hard. I think everyone here knows it's hard. It's just hard, but you can do it.

I know you can do it, otherwise you wouldn't be here...right?