Old 09-07-2009, 09:05 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Just me...

Endzoner has 6 years!!!

Congratulations hun. You have been a huge help and great friend to me!!!! 7
Old 09-07-2009, 09:13 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
BKP

6 years of helping, finding yourself. I want to say Godbless you. No drug, drink or anything can touch you. You are the best and thanks for being a help, inspiration and teacher.
Old 09-07-2009, 09:14 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Congratulations, Endzy! You are a true inspiration and an impressive, humble person - I'm so thankful for your friendship :-) enjoy your special day!
Old 09-07-2009, 09:24 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

good job........
Old 09-07-2009, 09:31 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

:day

:day1
Old 09-07-2009, 09:46 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Owner of a strange glitch.

Congratulations, Endzoner

Old 09-07-2009, 09:54 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

I had no idea - congratulations endzoner - thats awesome! :bounce

D
Old 09-07-2009, 10:07 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Psalm 118:24

grats on 6 years
Old 09-08-2009, 02:41 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

ENDZONGER!!!! LOL!!!! Congrats my Dear!!! WOO HOO!!!!
Old 09-08-2009, 03:08 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I'm happy for you TD. Your such a joy to have as a friend. We are blessed to have you in our lives. Congratulations on another year of sobriety. :ghug3
Old 09-08-2009, 03:09 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Congrats on the 6 years endzoner and thanks for being here. Tell us how you did it.
Old 09-08-2009, 03:15 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

coongratulations.... i love reading posts like this... good motivation
Old 09-08-2009, 04:45 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Congrats on six sober years!
Old 09-08-2009, 04:54 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Congrats Endzy!!
Old 09-08-2009, 05:31 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Being Me for the first time

good morning to my SR family , and thank you so much for all the well wishes and congrats.. It hardly seems possible that I have gotten this far, And never in my life would of imagined that me , someone who has failed as so much in my life could make it this far in recovery or anything for that fact .
6 yrs ago today I woke up scrared outta my mind.. but it was a choice I had made the prior day to do, Didnt know how I was going to do this , As many of us all know .. Its what our life was all about, how would I do it with out drinking .. But the life I had wasnt anything to be proud of what kinda life was it .. it wasnt a life ! But deep in the tissue's of my mind I beleived it was all there was !
I didnt have anyone I could turn to , I was scared to be honnest with anyone esp myown self . But consaquences of my own actions (2 dwi's in less then 6 months apart ) was the kicker for me and I knew that something or someone spared my life, I should of been dead 10 times over or least hurt someone . And it was time to take action .
The first thing I did was picked up the phone and made my first call . My mom .. Id been hiding this facts from her , we never want our family to be dissapointed in us . She was upset that I had kept the secrets from her , but all in the same proud for standing up and admitting my faults , and takin actions to do something ( which I had no idea what at that moment ) , But I wanted something better in life . I knew it didnt have to be this way !
And thu all the BS and all the things I had done , She has stood by me 10000%, I dont know where I would of been with out her and my familys support . Its a hard thing to do, I wont kid ya, But in the end It was one the best hardest things I did In my life !
I took in Outpatient Treatment for 3 months and the biggest of learning experiences was Extended care ( for me it was ) Thats where the push came to find a program . For me It was AA . Now i wasnt going willingly mind you , I went cuz i wanted to graduate , I think in my own head i thought that I didnt need any program to stay sober, Well I dont knowif thats true or not and glad i didnt try and find out , because for me It helped create a foundation of my own choice to take what I want and leave the rest for another , I found people in them rooms who were going throught the same things and been in the same shoes I was wearing . Scared heck yah .. But I seen how compassionate and honnest they were . unlike anything the barstool tales say of the AA prog .. there not bible thumping crazy sorts . Today Im sober and Im soooo dam proud of my self I couldnt of dont it with out that kick in arse to try that Program , dont know less you try it , And I for one reallly liked it !
I couldnt of done it if i didnt get honnest with myself ( to thy self be true ) I couldnt of done it had i not found something to beleive in , its not important what it is , just as long as its something ..... something greater then ourselfs .
And this wonderful place called SR , It was a accident that I found this place and its been a cherished gift , Ive met so many wonderful people who I concider family not just faces in a website , And even been blessed with meeting one very special person from this site . Thank you everyone for being here and being clean and sober today , and thanks for bringing smiles and tears of happiness on my face for the wondeful words .. I love you all peace to you all ~ Endzy ~
Old 09-08-2009, 05:45 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Administrator

Good for you, Endzoner!
Old 09-08-2009, 05:55 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Wow Endzy!!

That is fantastic! Six years is such an achievement and I am sure that you worked hard to accomplish this. You deserve everything sobriety has given you!! Catch some fish and give that hubby a squeeze!!
Old 09-08-2009, 06:15 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
nerdly

Awesome on 6yrs endzy!
Old 09-08-2009, 08:40 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Being Me for the first time

ty ty ty ... huggles
Old 09-08-2009, 10:44 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

Way to go enzo!!! That is amazing. You are an inspiration and proof that we can beat this crap!