Notices

Alcoholism or Alcohol abuse?

Old 09-08-2009, 05:55 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Well golfball looks like I arrived a bit late, but it looks as though my friends her have covered all the bases and you have reached a conclusion.

I am an alcoholic, at least that is what I call my problem with drinking! LOL It does not really matter what I call it or what you wish to call it. I meet the criteria according to most if not all literature both medical & not!

Here is what I can tell you alcohol took me to places I never want to return to again either physically, mentally, or spirtually. I walked through the gates of hell due to my drinking.

I hit my bottom, not as low as some, and not as high as others, it was just low enough for me. One of the neat things about a bottom is we decide ourselfs what is low enough, at that point we drop the shovel and quit digging a deeper bottom and start to find a way out of that hole we dug for ourself.

Many of us dig a hole so deep that we can not get out alone and need help doing so. I dug mine deep enough to need help getting out of it. I found that help in AA, but that is not the only program out there that works, but it is the one that worked for me and millions of others. AA is not only a program but also a fellowship to allow us to find face to face support and the experience, strength and hope of other alcoholics that know how to STAY sober.

Getting sober is actually far easier for most of us then staying sober, this is why most of us use a program to stay sober.