Notices

Feels odd

Old 09-05-2009, 10:08 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Feels odd

I went for a day out yesterday with some friends who stopped by a bar for a drink..I didnt have one and felt slightly miffed but on the whole was OK...come the evening the same set of people asked me along to a party...I went and decided to have a glass of beer (I've been thinking about the social drinker)... I started to drink it and only being 14 days in, thought I'd really enjoy it but I didnt...so I left it and asked the host for a coffee...that's the first time I have ever done that!...weird, it feels like something has slightly shifted inside....not something I'd recommend to everyone, but I'm glad I did as it has helped towards strengthening my resolve.

Also its amazing how incredibly boring 'drunk' people are when you are sober...I drove home, had a hot drink and watched some TV instead lol.
Old 09-05-2009, 10:41 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Heathen

I had a lot of false starts/day 1's too, before I decided to just put it away for good. It's refreshing how much more time and energy I have now that I don't focus on the 'what if'.. I know how I drink, I know how I get drunk, I know how most all alcohol tastes going down and probably coming back up. I have no need to test anything.. I've lived it.

Welcome to a fresh start..
Old 09-05-2009, 11:00 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by keen2bclean View Post
Also its amazing how incredibly boring 'drunk' people are when you are sober.
Yep, and to think I used to think I was quite the entertainer when I was wasted. Caught some of my act on a friends camcorder one night, not so much in the entertainment department from what I saw

You had one step back & two steps forward today, good to know your drinking didnt sit right with you.

Take Care,

NB
Old 09-05-2009, 11:30 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

l went out last night with some friends.
They drank wine and beer all evening and l drank cola.
The more drunk they got, the more they irritated me.
l was so glad to wake up this morning without a hangover !!

Life is a process. We are a process. The universe is a process.
Anne Wilson Schaef
Old 09-06-2009, 06:26 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I went for a day out yesterday with some friends who stopped by a bar for a drink..I didnt have one and felt slightly miffed but on the whole was OK...come the evening the same set of people asked me along to a party...I went and decided to have a glass of beer (I've been thinking about the social drinker)... I started to drink it and only being 14 days in, thought I'd really enjoy it but I didnt...so I left it and asked the host for a coffee...that's the first time I have ever done that!...weird, it feels like something has slightly shifted inside....not something I'd recommend to everyone, but I'm glad I did as it has helped towards strengthening my resolve.

Also its amazing how incredibly boring 'drunk' people are when you are sober...I drove home, had a hot drink and watched some TV instead lol.
Wow, I really liked your post! It was very inspirational, you made a great choice (beer to coffee) but it came from within! Best of luck to you.
Old 09-06-2009, 06:54 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Laozi Old Man

... I started to drink it and only being 14 days in, thought I'd really enjoy it but I didnt...so I left it and asked the host for a coffee...that's the first time I have ever done that!...weird, it feels like something has slightly shifted inside....
Congrats on stopping in the middle of your first drink (something I NEVER could do). You are starting to get the real message about recovery.

That is, "thought I'd really enjoy it but I didnt". The recovered alcoholic does not struggle one-day-at-a-time with the urge to drink (as recovering alcoholics do). The recovered alcoholic simply no longer enjoys drinking and actually drinks as much as he wants to.

The much as he wants to is "none at all".