Old 09-05-2009, 11:05 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Crying

And you said so long
Left me standing all alone
Alone and crying, crying, crying
It's hard to understand but a touch of your hand
Can start me crying

Well this morning my wife made it official our trial seperation is becoming permanant. Too much past and she couldn't adjust to my sobriety. Funny I sober up, get clean start building my spiritual, physical, emotional, and mental life and I lose my love. Well I'm not going to drink over it. My sobriety cost too much to give it away and no body or no thing is going to take it away. I may be crying, crying, crying but they're sober tears. Thanks for allowing me to share my grief.

“Grief,” Rumi wrote, “can be the garden of compassion. If you keep your heart open through everything, your pain can become your greatest ally in your life’s search for love and wisdom.”-- Sogyal Rinpoche

Namaste
Old 09-05-2009, 11:11 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

MCF,

I'm sorry that this is happening, but it's good that you're not choosing to drink over it. There is a wonderful life out there, rich and happy and full of love, waiting for you. Prayers for you and your wife as you both transition thru this difficult time.
Old 09-05-2009, 11:13 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

The main reason your got sober was for you, right? That's really the only way it's gonna stick. You can't do it for anyone else, because situations change all the time. Glad to hear you're not going to drink over this. Keep doing whatever it takes to stay sober and make your own life better for YOU! You are worth it.
Old 09-05-2009, 11:21 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Fitz
I'm really sorry this happened to you. I have been there. I wasn't married, but I did have a nice 8 year run. I COULD NOT understand why my abstinence from drugs did not fix things no matter how hard I tried. I guess I was too much of a destructive force, or I did too little to late. Who knows. I don't think I can say anything to make anyone feel any better. I just know how bad it feels. It DID get better, however that didn't make me feel any better for quite a while, no matter how many people told me that. You did the right thing getting clean obviously. I hope things will ease up on you, and you can have a little peace of mind which is so hard to get in these situations. Soooo srry my friend. You aren't alone. try to keep your head up as you grieve. Thats still hard me for me to even do....
Chris
Old 09-05-2009, 11:39 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

So sorry to hear that MCF, I wish there was something I could do or say that would help you to feel better. You have been an inspiration to me & will continue to be.

Lean on & learn from the spiritual foundation that you have built. Your path will be shown to you, take care & all of the best.

NB
Old 09-05-2009, 11:48 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

you are in my thoughts and prayers.
Old 09-05-2009, 11:58 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Namaste,

I'm so sorry to hear this, if your wife cannot love you sober, maybe its time to move on. I am so proud of you for not drinking over this, I can imagine how hard it must be. W:ghug2e are always here if you need us.

Love,
MK
Old 09-05-2009, 01:11 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

You have exactly the right attitude MCF - I wish you well in whatever come next

D
Old 09-05-2009, 01:31 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry that this is happening.

Know that you are doing the right thing for yourself, and that things are working out as they should.
Old 09-05-2009, 02:03 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thanks all. I'm just kind of sitting here in a state of shock and grief with sadness turning to bitterness which doesn't taste very good. I intellectually contemplated the thought of getting blasted out of my mind, like what the F... who'd care? But then I realized I care and that's all that matters. The thought of drinking actally left a worse taste in my mouth than the bitterness. I'm afraid this sobriety thing is taking hold and leaving me with no solace for the terrible pain I feel except bare it like a real man, not a drunken child. And the beat goes on...
Old 09-05-2009, 02:32 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Stay strong. Much love to you!
Old 09-05-2009, 02:34 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
6/20/08

Sober tears are definitely okay. I'm sorry you're going through this...and I'm glad you're here.
Old 09-05-2009, 02:43 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Sharing your sorrow, MCF. You already know, drinking would just add to the pain. When you sobered up you'd have a whole other set of regrets and misery to deal with. You don't need that right now. You'll come out into the sun again, & a whole new life awaits you - maybe even way better than the one you are leaving behind.
Old 09-05-2009, 02:56 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

And here I was, Fitz... Feeling sorry for myself.

Thanks for sharing, and hang in there. You've come so far and have so much to offer.

Sending virtual hugs your way,

Liz
Old 09-05-2009, 03:22 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

:ghug2 You're an inspiration.
Old 09-05-2009, 03:31 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

So proud of your Fitz and I feel for you pain. I am so very sorry.
Old 09-05-2009, 03:46 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Love my puppies

So sad to hear this MCF. It must be so hard on you right now. I've heard this story so many times, if your other half isn't an alcoholic or some other type of addict, then it's hard for them to comprehend this new you. Unfortunatly a lot of couples split up over this cuz they just don't know how to handle a new you cuz they either don't trust it to last, or they have become used to a way of life that they don't know how to handle change.

I wish you only the best, and I admire your dedication to your staying clean after all the turmoil you're going thru. Keep up the great work!!!!
Old 09-05-2009, 06:03 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

((My cool))
Let me rap my arms around U.
Know what U R going thur in a sense...Letting go of my husband....
Stay strong...
Old 09-05-2009, 06:08 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

So sorry to hear this, it must hurt very bad. Praying for you .
Old 09-05-2009, 07:25 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Sad to know this is happening.