Notices

Relapsed

Old 09-05-2009, 01:14 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

I hope everything worked out for you and your job. I admire your honest and bravery in sharing your story and feelings. Best of luck and learn from your mistakes.

Natalee
Old 09-05-2009, 03:16 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Rochadad, "As far as relapse goes, I believe its only part of the process when the relapse convinces you that drinking is gradually destroying your life and recovery is needed." *heavy sigh* my regret runs deep that I had to reach this point - but you are right. So, in a way, I'm kind of glad for my regret. Does that make sense? O.o

girloverboard, the afternoon was rough. I hadn't driven since just before my relapse, and doing so to go visit my mom pushed my anxiety through the roof. I was restless, had the tight vice in my chest, could barely eat, etc. But I made it home, and I'm feeling better. I hope to chat with you again soon!

Natalee, I don't know if I'm out of the woods yet, and I don't deserve to be.... it's hard enough going in again assuming that everyone suspects something. Just like detoxing and the beginning of sobriety here, I'll just take that one minute at a time. And, maybe someday soon, I'll move that up to a day at a time
I have certainly learned from this mistake, and I thank you.