Notices

Relapsed

Old 09-03-2009, 10:52 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Heathen

Hope things went ok.. let us know.
Old 09-03-2009, 11:08 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Good luck with work today waterfountain, I know from experience how much it sucks to go back in after a few days of binging & lying to everyone you know about it.

I hope you don't ever have to go through this horrible experience again, its not worth it.

All of the best,

NB
Old 09-03-2009, 12:13 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Hope everything went well at work waterfountain.

Wishing you all the best getting through your detox.

Old 09-03-2009, 12:59 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Just a quick update since I could quick slide on the site here at work.
Everyone’s support and encouragement is so much appreciated, that I honestly can’t find the words. More later.
As I feared, but not as bad as I expected, I was pulled into my supervisor’s office and told that since I was gone for three days in a row, should get some kind of a note. I told her that I had gone to an urgent care, and since they discharged me right away, they didn’t give me anything. I assured her I would call the clinic to see if there is anything they can do after the fact and she said, basically, “do what you can, it just would be better for you to have in your file should this come up again”.

So, I’ll dwell on that one later; probably while I’m in chat :P

I really want to address several things that have been brought up in my thread, but I’m running out of time.
Please do not feel neglected!
I’ll get back on when I can!
Old 09-03-2009, 01:06 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Go to your local ER/urgent care, if U have insurance, get that note....
Old 09-03-2009, 01:17 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Take it easy, waterfountain. I'm thinking about you today.
Old 09-03-2009, 03:35 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Thanks so much for the update Water, Hope your OK.
Old 09-03-2009, 05:36 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Dee74, vegibean, Tazman53, NewBeginning010, tommyk, 51anna, Jade19, and possibly a few of you others - I think you all posted in my threads earlier this summer when I first started this journey. I just wanted to thank you guys especially for being so patient with me. I lasted over 3 months! - and though I regret giving up that time, I am using all of your posts to draw on what I learned and gained in those three months. I know what led me to drink was a downward spiral of self-pity, depression, and those usual suspects. I think it would be wise for me to be on antidepressants for long while if I'm going to try everything to avoid drinking again.
And I must not drink again! One led to 5 which led to whole weekend and more of debauchery. So, I can't even have that one.
Right now, I'm craving it for the relief of some of the physical withdrawal symptoms, but I know that would just land me back at square one. Instead, I'm suffering through the symptoms as best I can- man they suck! I know I inflamed my pancreas on this bout because I have pain radiating all through my chest and even up my neck (that's what they told me when I was in the ER on the eve of the beginning of my journey). I finally ate something (it had been at least two full days, but probably closer to 4), and I'm still hardcore pushing fluids. So, if you're right Tazman53, I should be starting to feel a little better sometime tomorrow - heck, I'll be at 48 hours sober in the wee hours of the morning

I want to address you all, and hug you all back, but I can't bring myself to continue copy/pasting more names. Maybe if I weren't on my laptop, haha. Nonetheless, big hugs all around; your support truly lifts my darkened spirits. I feel very welcome and known here.

Now, I'm off to the chatroom here and reading some news online, then I'm going to take some more simply sleep, have the melatonin ready, and hopefully get more than 5 hours of sleep

I'll be around!
Old 09-03-2009, 05:50 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Good Luck water! I'm glad that for now you're ok.
Old 09-03-2009, 05:56 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Right On WF Have a good night
Old 09-03-2009, 06:07 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
i've done my almost

I'm right there with ya! I just relapsed (though only after a week of sobriety) and I'm on "pins and needles" b/c I called in today.

Let's do this together and let's DO THIS!!!!!! Whatever it takes. Let's DO THIS.
Old 09-03-2009, 06:58 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by vegibean View Post
Good Luck water! I'm glad that for now you're ok.
I'm glad too; and I really hope "for now" turn into "a long while"

Originally Posted by NewBeginning010 View Post
Right On WF Have a good night
Thanks NB!

Originally Posted by Kjell View Post
I'm right there with ya! I just relapsed (though only after a week of sobriety) and I'm on "pins and needles" b/c I called in today.

Let's do this together and let's DO THIS!!!!!! Whatever it takes. Let's DO THIS.
I'm with ya! We'll see what tomorrow brings, but no matter what, we won't drink! Gotta do this!
Old 09-04-2009, 02:41 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

I think you and I posted at the same time because I missed your long one up there, LOL!!

water, I was on Prozac for the last two years. It was really helpful. I am since off of it but I do believe that IT IS because I am in a much more stronger state mentally and emotionally. It was definitely needed. Believe me, I've had some REAL kickers for bad days!!!! And I am doing so much better today sans the prozac. So I think that's a great idea. If anything it will help you to be a little more stable and I definitely feel it had served me well.

Hope you are feeling better real soon. UGH!!! I hate coming down from a long binge. Bleck!!! Be good to yourself and get some rest. :ghug3
Old 09-04-2009, 03:04 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Administrator

I don't believe anyone ever gives up sober time WF...it's experience to draw upon, and at the very least it's proof it can be done

D
Old 09-05-2009, 08:31 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

I just got your PM, but I wanted to reply to let you know I read everyword & I know you will get through this!
Old 09-05-2009, 08:39 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

There is no problem so bad that drinking won't make it much worse.

:ghug3
Old 09-05-2009, 09:54 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by vegibean View Post
I think you and I posted at the same time because I missed your long one up there, LOL!!

water, I was on Prozac for the last two years. It was really helpful. I am since off of it but I do believe that IT IS because I am in a much more stronger state mentally and emotionally. It was definitely needed. Believe me, I've had some REAL kickers for bad days!!!! And I am doing so much better today sans the prozac. So I think that's a great idea. If anything it will help you to be a little more stable and I definitely feel it had served me well.

Hope you are feeling better real soon. UGH!!! I hate coming down from a long binge. Bleck!!! Be good to yourself and get some rest.
Thank you for the insight vegibean! I know now that I need help - this last binge was clearly self-destructive, and just talk-therapy wasn't enough. I took your advice and was as good to myself as I could be yesterday and last night; got probably 800 calories in me, drank about 5 liters of water, and finally slept solidly a couple of times last night....So this morning I'm feeling much better - still only at about 65% (still plenty of anxiety and haziness), but soooo much better than yesterday afternoon, and miles away from day 1 - Thanks for sharing vegibean!

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
I don't believe anyone ever gives up sober time WF...it's experience to draw upon, and at the very least it's proof it can be done

D
I will do my best to look at it in that light Dee! I feel a little tug of hope/relief/strength remembering that I have been in this exact spot before, and still had many sober days afterward. Now.... just gotta keep positive I guess

Originally Posted by girloverboard View Post
I just got your PM, but I wanted to reply to let you know I read everyword & I know you will get through this!
Thank you so much girl! Your support has really meant a lot

And Least - for some reason I quoted you but it didn't show up. *shrug* Figure that out later... anyway, I'll take those words to heart. Maybe even write them very tiny on my wrist every day.

Off to drink more water! Well, powerade first, then water lol

I wish you all the best, and I'll be back to read more threads in a bit!

EDIT - the forum wouldn't let me post so much html, took 'em all out... trying this again. if there's a double post, my apologies!
Old 09-05-2009, 10:09 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear that you're suffering! But I'm so glad you picked yourself right up!

I also started suffering from a lot of depression after I got sober and found that talk therapy was not enough. After discussion with my therapist and with her blessings I decided to go on one of the herbal antidepressants. Her first choice would have been for me to see a psychiatrist and go on a prescription, but I really wanted to try an over-the-counter first. With the promise that if it didn't help, then I would take the next step and see a psychiatrist.

Happily, it is working very well and oddly enough took away all desire to drink. I hope you find something that works for you too.

I'm very proud of you! And I'm so glad you came right back!

My best!
Old 09-05-2009, 10:15 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

If you don't pick up a drink, you can't get drunk! I don't believe the disease makes you pick up a drink, I believe the disease kicks in once the drink touches your lips. Though I agree that willpower is not enough to fight this disease, I still believe we are in control of our hands and arms no matter what our addictive brain tell us. YOU DO NOT HAVE TO PICK UP THAT DRINK!!!! As far as relapse goes, I believe its only part of the process when the relapse convinces you that drinking is gradually destroying your life and recovery is needed.
Old 09-05-2009, 12:21 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

The quoting worked, WF

Hope your still doing well!
Talk soon!

x x x