Notices

3 months on thursday

Old 09-02-2009, 03:50 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

3 months on thursday

I have 13 weeks, or 3 full months of sobriety done on Thursday. I thought it would have been easier but it has been a mixed bag. I am fortunate to say that I am now wiser to the potential tripwires of relapse and the chances of this happening are much slimmer. However, I am still not entirely overjoyed about life. This is a problem that I gotta address, as all the short term strategies in the world wont keep the tide from eventually coming in. Advice would be truly appreciated
Old 09-02-2009, 04:32 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Living in sobriety

However, I am still not entirely overjoyed about life. This is a problem that I gotta address, as all the short term strategies in the world wont keep the tide from eventually coming in. Advice would be truly appreciated
Hello and congrats on 3 months. I guess I only have my own experience to share with you and for me it has been AA. I drank because I didnt like me very much. I drank because I did not like the people around me very much and I drank because I did not like my life very much, so when I stopped drinking all that stuff was there again!!

So, with AA, a sponsor, 12 steps, I learned to change me attitude and look at my part in stuff. I have learned to own my own behaviour and noticed my thinking was a bit screwy to say the least.

I am free, happy and love life now!! It worked for me now for 11 years.
Old 09-02-2009, 04:56 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

congrats Eddie

I can't add anymore than I've said before - if you're not finding joy, you have to work out why.

I remember feeling a bit dull and grey at 3 months - I kept my head down, did all I was meant to, and it passed...I blamed PAWs and I was right, I think.

if this doesn't pass then you need to look further afield for answers...depression? or something missing in your life?

Hope you find it mate
you're doing well

D
Old 09-02-2009, 05:05 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

It sounds like you're doing great!

I've learned to let go (or at least, try to) of outcomes. I was such a control-freak and in order to begin to recover, I had to change.
Old 09-02-2009, 05:14 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Congrat's on your 3 months sober. I too choose to use AA in my recovery. Being sober I can choose to be positive and happy in recovery or stay the way I was while using and drinking always down and negative. Today I choose to be positive, no matter what is going on I always find something to be grateful for.

Why don't you try to make a list of 10 things you are grateful for in sobriety. Feel free to add more if you think of them.
Old 09-02-2009, 05:21 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Great advice from everyone here. I will only add that unhappiness after sobriety got me to start seeking the real answers as to why I was feeling cup half empty. I found it was mostly a matter of the way I chose to view things. Keeping gratitude in the frontlines has definitely changed the colors I see. Congrats on the sober time you have. The happiness we seek so often lies within us. Hugs - Sarah
Old 09-02-2009, 05:29 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hey 3 months is awesome and sober people still have tough days and hard times so do people who've never used. Its called life don't sweat it we all get over it. Just stay in the moment don't worry big picture oir big problems. Just face what's here right now it'll always be OK.
Old 09-03-2009, 09:03 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thanks guys, you all are very wise and thoughtful. I gotta get to the bottom of it. I blame PAWS for some of it but then again I didn't experience the dt's the way many here did, so I m not gonna use that card too much. I am feeling physically ok. I will check back in here regularly and see how others are doing as well.
Old 09-03-2009, 09:06 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Psalm 118:24

grats on your 90 days !!!!!
Old 09-03-2009, 09:24 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Congratulations! You rock.
Old 09-03-2009, 10:43 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
IO Storm

Hey, eddie...

: : :

3 months? That is nothing to sneeze at...

A real milestone. The first 90 days, for me..the most difficult.

You are right where you are supposed to be, and doing a great job!

Congrats!