Notices

September Sobriety Group

Old 09-14-2009, 03:33 PM
  # 261 (permalink)  

Endzy- thanks for sharing!! Great story...I'm so glad your weekend went well and your meeting was such a good experience. Sounds like a great group you have there in SD. Funny thing- I always thought you were a guy until you mentioned about cooking for your husband tonight. Don't ask why...it's just for some reason what I thought...crazy, huh?!!
Old 09-14-2009, 03:55 PM
  # 262 (permalink)  
Being Me for the first time

Awe Renee.. nope im female and your not the first to think im male , most think cuz it sounds footballish or sportish that makes um think that . fact is .. it was a bar I used to work for an when I moved and got my own PC etc .. I needed a screen name . and had a ball cap with it sitting beside me hence the Endzone Ive had it for 10 yrs now and just use it for most accts .. makes it eacy to remember being im a internet junkie ... lol
And welcome welcome newcommers .. were so glad your here !
Old 09-14-2009, 06:25 PM
  # 263 (permalink)  
Meow

Hey WantToHeal and Fallen - day 7 for me too.
Old 09-14-2009, 07:31 PM
  # 264 (permalink)  

Day 5. Doing ok, I'm not obsessing over it like I used to. Today was also the first time all semester I opened a book and started to study. I'm grateful that it's early enough in the semester that I can't redeem myself.
Old 09-14-2009, 07:43 PM
  # 265 (permalink)  
Administrator

Don't worry about it Endzy...with a name like Dee, a lot of Americans assume I'm a woman

(I'm really not!) LOL
D
Old 09-14-2009, 07:54 PM
  # 266 (permalink)  

Day 12 for me. I want to say something profound but find that I don't know very much right now. Actually, that might be profound for me as I think I am perceived as somewhat of a know it all. Although I am white knuckling abstinence right now, I can honestly say I would rather be abstinent than not right now. Thanks to everyone here who reminds me why I am here as I read your posts.
Old 09-14-2009, 08:32 PM
  # 267 (permalink)  
Journey of Recovery

Congrats and welcome to WantToHeal and Fallen. Congrats Cherry and PC. Endzy, that was a good story to share. Thanks. My husband has family out in SD. Congrats Batty on day 12. I understand about not knowing much right now. I pretty much know I am powerless over alcohol and I am going from there.
Good day to be sober. Thanks everyone. It's good getting to know you.
Old 09-15-2009, 04:28 AM
  # 268 (permalink)  
aka Glenna :)

Checking in on day 12--yay!!

Was so annoyed last night. Went to a meeting, and the only seat left was next to this kid who kept whispering to his friend and checking his I-Phone. It was the first time I have had a bad experience at a meeting, and afterwards I found myself irritated with everything, not just that. Just left a bad taste in my mouth.

However, I called my sponsor, and she suggested I say a little prayer for this kid, because he wouldn't be there unless he was hurting and needed help. I felt better after 5 minutes of talking to her than in an hour at that meeting. She's awesome!!

Hoping everyone is doing okay today here.
Old 09-15-2009, 05:51 AM
  # 269 (permalink)  

Cath.. sorry to hear your meeting didnt go as planned , it happens now and then but glad you were able to let it go , just curious , Did the chair person at the meeting mention to turn off all cell phones in respect to others ? Not that the kid listened if he did , but just was wondering.
Well todays a good day an its only not yet 8 am .. But ive got coffee and thats always a good thing.
Purple ,Fallen, and Want .. a huge conrats on your first week of Soberity !!9 that is such an acomplishment . keep up the great work !
Dee.. never thought bout that one , Ya im sure you do run into that Issue now dont yah , well like lots of things around here least were not alone ..
Today im greatful for . a really good nites sleep and wakin up refreshed and ready to start the day off with a smile . ! more laters ~ Endzy~
Old 09-15-2009, 05:56 AM
  # 270 (permalink)  
aka Glenna :)

Yes, he did say turn off cell phones, but this kid kept playing with his and texting. It was so different than the meeting I went to the previous night where everyone was in the moment and coming together. But I guess it will take me time to find the meetings that I like and pick and choose. It's worth the effort though.
Old 09-15-2009, 06:27 AM
  # 271 (permalink)  

Day 6 for me. Physically feeling better, but a bit emotionally all over the map. Seem to be quick to anger more than I should be, but I guess it is to be expected since I have blunted all emotions for the last year and a half.

Anyway, after reading most of the last week, I felt it was time to join the September guys and gals.

Thanks for being here
Old 09-15-2009, 06:44 AM
  # 272 (permalink)  
Meow

Welcome RMM!
Old 09-15-2009, 09:59 AM
  # 273 (permalink)  

welcome to the class of Sept RRM , were glad you finally introduced your self to us . your gonna like it here ... lots of useful tools and ppl .. dont be shy we dont bite its a commen thing to feel all your feeling , like you said bottled up emotions for sometime . things will improve , just deal with one at a time no big hurry , hope you find some face to face meetings or a program of your choice . its really very helpful .. anyways im long winded this am ,.., have a great one and welcome
Old 09-15-2009, 10:12 AM
  # 274 (permalink)  

Day 8, and finally feeling better! Thinking of going to my 1st AA meeting tomorrow with my sister. She has gone to 2 meetings & is getting alot out of it.
Old 09-15-2009, 10:20 AM
  # 275 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by endzoner View Post
welcome to the class of Sept RRM , were glad you finally introduced your self to us . your gonna like it here ... lots of useful tools and ppl .. dont be shy we dont bite its a commen thing to feel all your feeling , like you said bottled up emotions for sometime . things will improve , just deal with one at a time no big hurry , hope you find some face to face meetings or a program of your choice . its really very helpful .. anyways im long winded this am ,.., have a great one and welcome
I have been going to a noon meeting every day since the first day. Members seem to balance serious with humor, and it is perfect for the time that I would struggle the most (and fail at) not trying to run to the store and pick up that 12 pack.

I just got back from that meeting
Old 09-15-2009, 10:36 AM
  # 276 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PurpleCat View Post
Hey WantToHeal and Fallen - day 7 for me too.

so 3 of us started after a 3 day weekend...hahahaha. think 3 and 1/2 days of toxicity helped precipitate me??? i know it did. a weekend is bad enough but 3 straight days of it was too much.

i feel much better today. the weekend had some huge tests but i was able to pass them. i can't believe how good i feel physically. the sleep is still full of crazy dreams but i'm getting a little more every night.

stay strong want to heal and purple cat. that actually goes out to everyone but we're bonded now with the same start date.
Old 09-15-2009, 10:53 AM
  # 277 (permalink)  
Meow

Originally Posted by a fallen man View Post
stay strong want to heal and purple cat. that actually goes out to everyone but we're bonded now with the same start date.

:ghug2
Old 09-15-2009, 11:18 AM
  # 278 (permalink)  

Hi everyone, so happy to be here and join your Sept sobriety group. I have 8 days sobor now and starting to feel a little stronger physically. I am eating everything is sight however, I know that can't be good. I'm still having a fair amount of health anxiety so trying to get out and walk when I can. I cant wait for my body and mind to show me the rewards of not drinking. I'm not scared nor do i have it in the back of my mind that maybe I have one more drink in me. i don't. I feel strangely empowered but not enough to let my guard down. I know my struggle not to drink will most likely outweigh my struggle drinking. My thoughts seem to be kiinda all over the place I see..lol Anyhow congrats to all of my fellow sobor septemberites!!!
Old 09-15-2009, 11:24 AM
  # 279 (permalink)  
Meow

Welcome Carrie! I'm eating pretty much anything I want to right now, which will have to stop soon. For now, though, that's the least of my worries.
Old 09-15-2009, 11:28 AM
  # 280 (permalink)  
One Foot in Front of the Other

Thumbs up

Fallenman and purplecat, you guys rock!!! You're absolutely right...the three-day binge (well, Monday was 2 beers, but I was out of control from Friday to Sunday) was what knocked me out of whack with my meds, and convinced me that when I start drinking, I have a hard time stopping. It's time for a change...actually many changes.

Let's stay strong together...if I can be of any help, please let me know!