# 201 (permalink)  
Administrator

The 74 bit is random anyway LOL
I'm glad you're trying again, Auschick

D
Old 09-11-2009, 03:27 AM
  # 202 (permalink)  
Meow

Thanks, recycle. Wasn't feeling so strong last night but made it through. My hubby drinks beer every day - quite a bit of it too. I wish he'd stop with me, but he doesn't want to. I also have a lot of drinking friends that I cannot escape because they are tied to my son's travel hockey team. I posted over on the August thread when I got home last night and that helped a lot.

Welcome Ruby - good to see you here.

Well, on to day 4. At least I had 5 1/2 solid hours of sleep last night. First time for that in a long time.
Old 09-11-2009, 04:40 AM
  # 203 (permalink)  
Journey of Recovery

Hello again and thanks for the welcome everyone. Good to be sober today. I understand Purplecat about having friends who drink. It seems that everyone I know drinks. The friend who rents a room from me and my husband is a pretty steady drinker. I stipulated the other day that she had to drink in her room.
I am hoping to meet some sober people at AA meetings. But anyway, glad to be here.
Old 09-11-2009, 06:46 AM
  # 204 (permalink)  
Meow

Kablume - you're in my neck of the woods, sort of. I'm on the other side of the state. We get out that way a few times a year, but usually only for for hockey games so all we see is the inside of the rink. I did have a conference a couple of years ago at the Amway Grand - that was really nice. I enjoyed walking along the river, and went to the Gerald Ford museum. I found that that to be very interesting. We had a vendor party at the B.O.B., of course. Also, one of my working friends and I went window shopping along those shops near the hotel. All in all a very nice experience in Grand Rapids.
Old 09-11-2009, 07:28 AM
  # 205 (permalink)  

Give it a go!

Originally Posted by Auschick View Post
I'm back again almost.
I have decided to give detox another go, and will embark on that quest tomorrow. I will get the campral today instead of wasting my money on the alcohol to get by till tuesday. I scared myself a little with the withdrawal symptons but now realise that it was probably an anxiety attack (never had one before). There is always the emergancy department and my husband has this weekend off so I have the support I need this time.
I will still see the doctor on Tuesday anyway, but I need to do this now rather than put it off again.
Thanks all.
I have faith in you! The detox was part of the learning experience for me to keep me sober for the few days I have been. Hang in there and I will keep you in my thoughts. I'm glad that your hubby is there to help, having a loved one with me was wonderful. Keep your chin up and realize that there are wonderful things ahead for you!

Last edited by Trey; 09-11-2009 at 07:30 AM. Reason: Messed up on quote editing :(
Old 09-11-2009, 05:03 PM
  # 206 (permalink)  

Hey group! Have a wonderful *sober* weekend! Sounds like many of you have some fun plans and things going on. Stay strong, stay sober...you will thank yourself on Monday! You are worth it! I am too!
Old 09-11-2009, 05:52 PM
  # 207 (permalink)  

I finally made it not drinking on a friday night, now I am approching day 7 sober
Old 09-11-2009, 06:02 PM
  # 208 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome to SR Trey

Have a great weekend everyone

D
Old 09-11-2009, 07:05 PM
  # 209 (permalink)  
Ethanol Intolerant

9 days and feeling pretty good for a Friday night with a soda pop in hand. I am glad to see many of you doing well too. I hope some of the others from the September group check in soon.
Old 09-11-2009, 07:47 PM
  # 210 (permalink)  
Meow

Yay for sober Friday nights! I'd have to say this is my first one in a long time - probably since 1995 (the year my son was born).

I went to the grocery store tonight and had to walk through the beer aisle. I looked at the Labatts and the Molson and the Blue Moon and the Bells and went

ha! to them.
Old 09-11-2009, 09:25 PM
  # 211 (permalink)  

well done purple cat..... recycle , fellow aussie fluxcap....

i have just had my 3rd sober friday night and do you not what.. while drink was definitely on my mind.. that real craving was not there... boy i hope it stays away!

and trey...and Kablume you will find lots of good support not only on this thread, but throughout the whole site.

Auschick; make sure you keep checking it.. it will help strenghten your resove good luck!!

rubycanoe: dont forget to pop in and say hello to us in august.......

hi karma79 and NewLeaf and anyone i may have missed

'just another sober saturday .. just like monday.. ' (in tune manic monday !)
Old 09-11-2009, 10:50 PM
  # 212 (permalink)  

20hrs since my last drink and it's bloody hard, I am trying so hard to keep busy but that urge to drink is huge, Lucky for me though I have house work, a never ending supply of it.
Then I am going to let the kid's make there own pizza and then there will be a huge mess in the kitchen to keep me busy.
Must go I can't sit around or i will go insane!
Old 09-12-2009, 03:57 AM
  # 213 (permalink)  
Ethanol Intolerant

Hang in there Auschick, you are doing great. I found doing instead of sitting helps. For me walking was a great way to pass the time, but I had to remember to forget my wallet, just to keep temptation at bay.
Old 09-12-2009, 04:50 AM
  # 214 (permalink)  
Administrator

Busyness is the key I think - or a good part of it - hope you feel better now Auschick and recycled

D
Old 09-12-2009, 05:02 AM
  # 215 (permalink)  
Journey of Recovery

Thanks Anono for the welcome. Welcome Trey. Hang in Auschick! It was great to be hangover free this morning. Purplecat, we get over to the east side of the state for the Redwing and Tiger games if you are near that area. Glad you enjoy GR.
Hope everyone has a good weekend and has an easy time staying alcohol free.
Old 09-12-2009, 05:29 AM
  # 216 (permalink)  

For me walking was a great way to pass the time, but I had to remember to forget my wallet, just to keep temptation at bay.
lol for the first week or so i only carried $5 with me, no cards,, so COULD NOT buy anything.. but your post reminded me of all the times i told the kids i was taking the dog for a walk so i could call into bottle shop... poor puppy, missing those walks i will start again and forget my wallet !!

have a good weekend all... stay strong
Old 09-12-2009, 06:49 AM
  # 217 (permalink)  

Hello all --

Today's my 12th and want to keep it that way, so I'll be checking in from time to time. The rain that's been around for the past few days is finally gone, yet it's still rather dreary -- quite like my mood at the moment...

Glad everyone's here -- whether sober for a day, a week or just coming back. Sharing -- yours and mine helps me so much and I'm extremely grateful.

PurpleCat -- it's a great feeling to be able to do what you did in the grocery store, isn't it? Love that sense of empowerment and renewed commitment.

Auschick -- It's probably just about 27 hours or so now since your last drink, but do whatever you have to do to put off picking up. Staying busy should help, but don't forget to take time to do something nice for yourself... something other than cleaning up after the kids! lol When I'm really at odds with my "situation" I've been making a good cup of herbal tea or attempting the daily crossword puzzle, etc. Listening to my favorite music usually helps, too. Hang in there, you're worth it!

Kablume -- YAAAYYY!!!! Hangover free! Isn't it loverly?

Anono -- The ocasional craving free evening's something I'm finally beginning to experience. Won't be fooled, though, since I've been known to give in for reasons other than craving. My head gets in my way too often. Sounds like you're doing well and hope it stays away, too!

Trey, Flux, Renee -- Thanks for sharing.

Cya later!
Old 09-12-2009, 07:29 AM
  # 218 (permalink)  
Ethanol Intolerant

Nice job New Leaf. Finding a mood buster for a dreary day can be a challenge. Something that works for me (sometimes) is to sit down close my eyes and visualize being in a better mood later in the day. I try to put as much detail as I can into the visualization. Then I do something, like go for a walk, or a bike ride, clean out the fridge. A project that has a beginning middle and end seems to help. (I'm fixing the roof today, we lost about 20 square feet of shingles in the last storm.) By the afternoon, I am in a better place usually. If not, at least I got something done. Good luck.
Old 09-12-2009, 07:41 AM
  # 219 (permalink)  

well guys made it through another night. Though today my 4 year old son broke his arm this afternoon after trying to ride his bike without trainer wheels

Times like that in the past have made crack open a beer to forget about the day even more. But tonight after sitting in the emergency ward for 3 hours the thought of alcohol didnt even pop into my head, in the past I would have been thinking do I have enough beers to wipe this event from my head.

Good to hear you guys are all going so well, its good to login and be able to read new posts to keep up the motivation to stop drinking
Old 09-12-2009, 07:48 AM
  # 220 (permalink)  
Meow

Hang in there, Auschick!

I agree that hearing other people's struggles is helpful. Before I stuck my tongue out at that beer yesterday in the grocery store I had quite a struggle with myself. Not over buying beer, oddly enough, rather over buying alcohol free beer! I decided that was too close to the real thing for me to be taking home and would just lead me to falling off the wagon. It was an interesting internal argument, though.