Notices

Monday Morning Blues

Old 08-27-2009, 08:21 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
krylonB

[QUOTE=tommyk;2341909]"When is enough, enough?"

I have a suspicion your body will begin telling you when enough is enough pretty soon.
/QUOTE]

Amen to that! I started getting attacks of acute pancreatitis in my late 40's and believe me, that is like a hangover on steroids that seemingly comes out of nowhere. In other words it wasn't the result of a particularly drunken day, it can happen after a relatively light day of drinking; and you are in for 2 days of HELL. That's when I knew my body was finally revolting at the "evil voice".
You don't want to experience this part of the progression.

BTW, dittoes on the lady from LaLaLand pic.
Old 08-27-2009, 08:41 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Thought it was a cgi pic but it's a real pic...wow:-)

Oh yeah back to the thread, i went to docs and he made me have a blood test, got a sky high trygliceride count...so he calls me everyday for a week...go back in and he says take these pills start today you are going to have a stroke or a heart attack...who, what,where,how?! lol Not too good at 38 years old!

Personally that wouldn't have stopped me, i got very lucky with some big situation changes to give me that last push into AA. It's a sad fact that most won't realise until it is too late but i do have respect for those that go all the way fighting the fight, me i conceded a loss on the battle against my drinking which, in hindsight, was actually a victory...i've known 2 who have died early deaths out of the blue from this disease...make it happen cap'n...or not, up to you?!