Notices

Is there hope here

Old 08-24-2009, 03:24 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Is there hope here

Hi to everyone & thx in advance 4 the help u r giving here!
atm this forum is my only -connection- with recovery as i left my country and moved (south Europe to East) as a last chance for a new life..
i was heavy user of heroin in & out the last years but never more than 2 months and the last year really bad things happened and was using heroin & cocain,only 2gether,couldnt sniff the brown without white also..
Anyway dont wanna tire u,i packed 5-6 bottles methadone and some boxes of benzos and moved to a relative for a new life in a country i dont speak the language yet...
I m about give/take 40days sobber,i did it on my own and hell if it was difficult..
im writing 2day for this is the 1st time im not thinking of getting high again,i found willpower i never though i had...
but how long can it last without help?no N.A. here,no meetings no nothing..cant even speak my language or english here...depression kicks in and i dunno what 2 do..except hope..any advice would be great thx
Old 08-24-2009, 03:36 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome ES :day6 Can you share a little more about your struggles with addiction & the impact it had on your life?

Sometimes we only think about where we are here & now and forget about all of the horrible things we went through while in our addiction.

We are all here working on our addictions together & I look forward to reading more about your recovery.

Take Care,

NB
Old 08-24-2009, 03:50 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Welcome ExitSeeker! What a big change for you - be proud of yourself for wanting a new life without the poison. There is definitely hope here, and a diverse group of amazing people who will help. I was able to stop drinking after many years because of the encouragement I found here. Knowing I was no longer alone made all the difference. I gave it up for the same reason you did, "bad things happened" - and even more horrible ones were waiting if I didn't take control of my life.

It's wonderful you found us - please tell us more about you. We can do this together.
Old 08-24-2009, 03:58 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

ES

welcome to the family...

and the only thing i can say about "hope"

is never give up on it...

there is a solution out there for you somehow, somewhere,

and someplace...

in the meantime,

this is a good beginning!

all good wishes to you ES

zip
Old 08-24-2009, 03:59 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi ExitSeeker

I came here at my lowest ebb - the fact I'm still here 2 years later, not drinking or drugging, and life is better than ever before speaks wonders.

This is a great bunch.

Happy to have you join us

Welcome!
D
Old 08-24-2009, 07:38 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thank u all very much for yr comments..it's been comforting to know i m not the only one/alone in this..and the fact that people take the time to write to a person they don't even know means a lot and is really inspiring!
In all those years this is the 1st time i thought of quitting for ever...(all the other failed offcourse attempts-consciously or even subconsciously-i knew i wanted to quit soi could get well and after some time use again but control it..now i know it "cannot" work like that!)
..and what led me do this was 2 reasons-as Hevvyn said i was afraid the worst things were on the way and i was gonna destroy not only me but others as well with my behavior.
and the fact i lost my 5 supposed to be better years of my life(i am 25 and started at 13 with weed and moved on to all the others over the years..by 20 the downfall started..even if i thought i was going up!)...this scared me,i didnt wanna loose any more..
Since its a newcomers thread i think i shouldnt go through here with more details-thx for your concern though guys
I m starting again from scratch now and i think i m lucky to even have that chance (especially with this forum as one of my weapons) =)
Old 08-24-2009, 08:29 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Exitseeker, (Love that name)
U R never alone, feels good to know this, is what I found to be true and helpful in my recovery.
Thanks for sharing.

"bad things happened" - and even more horrible ones were waiting if I didn't take control of my life." That is what says it for me and I do not want another horrible "yet" to come.
So glad U R here. Lot's to read and I'm sure U will relate.
Stay strong.
Old 08-24-2009, 08:54 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Exit Seeker welcome to SR, there is a substance abuse forum here as well, check them out. There is Experience, Strength, & Hope to be found here, you mentioned NA, I am sure you could find some online NA meetings if there are none where you are at. I can tell you for a fact that in my area we have lots of recovering addicts attending our AA meetings, they aare more then welcome in my area to come.

Not knowing where you are at I can not point you to an AA meeting in your area, but there are english speaking AA meetings in most places in europe and even if there is not one near you the rail system in europe is excellent.

If you seek Hope this is one of many places it is to be found.
Old 08-24-2009, 08:59 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

Good for you!

I think you will find lots of support and information here, so I hope you keep reading and posting. If you have ongoing problems with depression, it might be something to talk to a dr about.
Old 08-24-2009, 09:30 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Welcome, what country are you in now?

Keep coming back.
Old 08-24-2009, 02:40 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Well
atm im in Romania-kinda hard to find english NA meetings here but now that i m here
in this forum
i m positive i might just find what i m looking for right here..
As said i will keep reading and posting!
Thx again

Old 08-24-2009, 03:20 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Thanks, I find it interesting to note the different countries represented here.

I lived in Germany for 6 years but I never went to Romania.

Yes, please keep coming back, keep sharing.
Old 08-25-2009, 07:09 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Disposable Hero

Welcome to our Sober Recovery community.
Old 08-25-2009, 10:27 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Hi Exit and welcome!!!

You asked if there was hope here...There is expereince strength and hope as well as humor, love, encouragement & support

Keep us posted on your progress

I might suggest contacting general service,,They could possibly suggest english speaking meetings, as the face to face meetings are important

Glad you are here
Old 08-25-2009, 05:45 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

That took a lot of courage to move to a different country to take care of yourself. Surround yourself with people and try to enjoy being sober. See it as a positive challenge.
Old 08-25-2009, 07:10 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

Welcome to SR and congrats on being clean