Notices

Amends

Old 08-19-2009, 08:28 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

Amends

Well..I have made yet another one. And it was successful. I am in tears and so over joyed it is amazing.
I had a best friend in 7th grade. We were inseperable for years. Her family was like my second family. we became room mates when I was about 22 or so and thats when my addiction started to take off.
She gave me a new start with my life by letting me move back up here from Florida and stay with her. She helped me every way possible. Now this is the same friend who's sister was set on fire in the city I get high in a couple weeks ago. So she has had her fair share of dealing with drug addicts. She has never touched the stuff. Maybe drinks every now and then. Use to smoke a little pot back in the day. But thats pretty much it.
Anyway. I had taken off with her car one day and disappeared for like a whole day and night. When I returned. My dad and her whole family were there. She kicked me out and I wanted to die.
My dad put me on a bus back to my grams.
Me and her never talked again after that until recently. When she befriended me on facebook.
I finally got the courage to apologize and express my thoughts and regret on what happened all those years ago.

And she told me it hurt alot at the time. But she never held it agianst me. She still considers me a friend and told me that I deserve a good life and to keep fighting. And that we will be like peas and carrots again.

I cant tell you how happy that makes me. It is somehting I have carried with me for so long. But never had the courage or the chance to talk about it and apologize.
I can let that shame go now and know that I am worth a second chance.
You all have no idea how much this means to me.
She was like my sister all through school up until that day.
I am really seeing the rewards of doing the right thing. And it is just absolutely amazing. I am so very very grateful right now.
Just wanted to share. You know I gotta tell yall everything...LOL
Old 08-19-2009, 08:36 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

thats awesome Trish

I'm really happy things are going so well for you!
D
Old 08-19-2009, 09:04 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Amends are hard, but necessary. I know that must have been hard, but you did and that's amazing. In fact, I've got two really big ones tomorrow, and oh are they going to be emotional!

Anywho, good for you and thanks for sharing!