Notices

Hello my name is...and I am an opiate addict

Old 08-19-2009, 03:27 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hello my name is...and I am an opiate addict

I wasn't sure of I could post here or not. I have tried to detox myself at home several times, and it dosen't work. I am sick and tired of feeling sick and tired. I am so ready to get clean. I want this more than anything in this world. I hope I can get support and help from the knowledgeable people here who understand what I am going through.

I hope I do not break any rules, I read them, so here goes: My addiction to pain killers started in 2003 after two spinal surgeries. I had had a problem with Darvocet about 10 years earlier, (was on them for 6 years), got off of them with a doctor's help, and stayed clean for 10 years. Until I was introduced to Vicodin (also right after a divorce). I had to use them for medical reasons at first (I know the same story a lot of you have). I became addicted quickly. I had many major personal (deaths) in my family very close to together, then someone introduced me to oxycontin. I got off of the oxy's myself about 3 times, but could not sustain my sobreity, as I never went to meetings, or came to a board such as this. it is destroying my life, in many different ways. I am unemployed at the moment, so the good news there is that I cannot afford it in the large amounts I was taking. But my disease is still active, and I have tried so many times. I want to be clean more than ANYTHING! The longest I have gone clean without opiates in these 7 years was two weeks. You would think I would have stuck with that, but the phsycological part is almost as hard as the detox. I go for 2 days, cannot stand the withdrawal, then go back. It is a vicious circle. I hope I didn't break any rules here by stating the names of the drugs, or such. I am planning on detoxing starting tomorrow. Can anyone help me, support me through this? I am most appreciative of your time!

Blessings,
Wanttobeclean
Old 08-19-2009, 03:34 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi again wantto - I have no experience with opiates but I've no doubt others will be along shortly.

I probably said this before, but please also feel free to check out our substance abuse forum

Substance Abuse - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information
D
Old 08-19-2009, 03:39 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Disposable Hero

Hello and welcome to the Sober Recovery community.

Support for getting clean...of course!
Have faith in you to recover...definatly!
Praying for the miracle to begin...indeed!
Old 08-19-2009, 03:43 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thank you both so much! I am DONE with this crap and want it out of my life so good.
Old 08-19-2009, 04:03 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

Thats the type of attitude that will take you far.
I am glad you are here. And so I dont have to double post.
This forum is for any and every one. If you want to be clean or have an addict or alcoholic in your life. If you have mental issues or really anything under the sun you can imagine. This site is very diverse.
I myself am a cocaine addict and I pretty much stay in newcomers. I always have. LOL
But Welcome!!
Old 08-19-2009, 04:05 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Welcome wantto

You did break my tmi rule. A bit long on the post, stretching my elderly attention span. I look forward to hearing more from you. No opiates in my life but addiction, well yeah. I'm an alcoholic and that qualifies as an addiction I'm sure. Your clean and want to stay that way. Me as well.

Ed
Old 08-19-2009, 05:00 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and Big Welcome!

You will lots of support and information here.

I am a recovering alcoholic, but I surely understand the psychological part of addiction. Stopping drinking/using is the first step, but then the recovery work begins. I find lots of inspiration here and I know you will too.