Notices

still here

Old 08-19-2009, 05:50 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

still here

I am so glad I found this site. I was driving in this morning and looking forward to hopping on. It is nice to be able to "talk" with others who are struggeling with the same battle. Today is day 11 and I can hardly believe it! In the past when I tried to go without alcohol because I was tired of being so hung over, I usually only lasted about two days. I called and made an appt with a counselor yesterday and I am very much looking forward to that as well. I have a positive attitude so far, but I will admit that I am nervous with the Holiday right around the corner. Picnics, family gatherings.....but right now I guess I will just focus on today. Have a good day all! :ghug2
Old 08-19-2009, 06:08 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Congrats on 11 days. Nice to meet you. You have the right idea "just focus on today", that is the only way I can stay sober, one day at a time. I hope you have a good day as well.
Old 08-19-2009, 07:44 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
peaceful seabird

Congratulations myhusky!

You are in the double digit days, good on you!

"Don't borrow from tomorrow", concerning the holidays and future events. Stay in the moment. We do this One Day At A Time, and sometimes 5 minutes at a time.

It was helpful for me to always keep a non-alcoholic beverage in my hand (or within reach) during the first weeks of sobriety. I always kept a bottle of water in my hand when I was around other people drinking. If they asked me if I needed a drink, I just held up my water bottle and said "No thank you".

It was also an adventure to discover my tastes in beverages. I don't care for sodas, so I tried green teas, lemonades, fruit juices, tea and discovered I like a combination. Green tea with lemonade, black tea with a splash of fruit juice. All healthy choices, day by day.
Old 08-19-2009, 03:21 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you're doing so well myhusky
Congratulations!

I love what Pelican said - 'don't borrow for tomorrow'

I'll use that
*yoink* LOL

D
Old 08-19-2009, 03:46 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Well done myhusky, and i have to agree with pelican non alco's are a must fills the space in your hand while you adjust, also herbal tea's. i like nettle tea first thing in morning, i am on day 3 .
Old 08-19-2009, 04:57 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Green tea and black tea, works for me.

Of course, there are those primal needs that you will eventually address by necessity. This may include but should not be limited to over iced brain freeze Pepsi slushies and A&W root beer flouts. Bitter chocolate and strawberry shakes should be enjoyed only in moderation and no more than twice a day.

Did I mention moderation?

Enjoy
Ed.