Notices

keeps happening

Old 08-18-2009, 08:16 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

keeps happening

its been a long time since i have been here. life has beed good, but the last 2 weeks its been h_ _ _ the oth just got a recliner for the shop now he sits in it like a king. he keeps telling me how i am such a b_ _ _ Ch and what is going on, u have not been the same.

This is what is going on.....drink drink drink and get up and have a good day. i have to get up and go to work(this is at 6 am) i work 9-10 hour days he is a farmer NO TIME CLOCK.

I want to go to AA but just cant not bring myself to do it (lots of excuses why i can not go) why does that happen?

Oh by the way oth is a drunk too, we feed off each other.
Old 08-18-2009, 08:38 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi fighttowin

Nothing changes if nothing changes y'know?
I spent 15 years drinking, more than 10 of those wanting to quit but never really committing to it....I wanted to keep my life exactly as was and just not drink as much.

It doesn't work like that.

I'm sorry you have no support from your husband. Many here don't have the support of their spouses - thats why SR and places like AA are so helpful - they're support when you need it.

There's a million excuses not to get sober, a million reasons why you can't go to AA...but things will get worse the longer you leave this. You deserve better than that.

please - even if, for now, it's posting here everyday and committing again to sobriety 'just for today' - do something about it

D
Old 08-19-2009, 03:51 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Are you really having a good day?

I want to go to AA but just cant not bring myself to do it (lots of excuses why i can not go) why does that happen?
Could it be that you really are not ready to quit yet?

I was that way, I had all kinds of excuses to not get sober:

It is too hot!
It is too cold!
I am too tired!
I do not feel good!
I have things to do!
I am too DRUNK!

I used those excuses right up to the point where alcohol owned me!!! I had to drink EVERY day! Not because I wanted to, but because physically and mentally I HAD TO DRINK or bad things started to happen to me both physically and mentally!

I reached the point after 5 years of not drawing a sober breath of knowing that I was going to die a slow lonely death from my alcoholism if I kept on drinking. I saw a doctor and told him the whole truth about my drinking, he told me I would have to be medically detoxed or I could die if I tried detoxing with no medical help.

Guess what they told me to do in detox?

Go to at least 90 AA meetings in 90 days and get a sponsor!

Do you really want to quit?

If you do then stop the excuses! Excuses are like armpits, everyone has a couple!

See your doctor, tell your doctor the truth, perhaps you may not to be medically detoxed, if not then go to AA!

You can make excuses all the way to the grave yard! Every active alcoholic is commiting a slow suicide, one drink at a time, but there is a real life to be found in sobriety.

Maybe some one will quit calling you a "B", or perhaps you will have enough self esteem in sobriety to tell him to kiss you where the sun does not shine!! Then you can move on with your life. Who knows, your getting sober may lead to him getting sober, maybe not. Just keepo in mind the only person in the world you have control over unless you have minor children is you.

When you boil all the excuses you have for not going to AA down to one excuse it is the exact same excuse I used for 10 years....... I still want to be a drunk!

There is light at the end of the tunnel, but unless you take the action to start walking towards the light, you will never enter it.
Old 08-19-2009, 05:23 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

"I want to go to AA but just cant not bring myself to do it..."

One day (hopefully) you will wake up and realize that unless YOU initiate a change nothing will get better.

A week from now, a month from now, a year from now, 10 years from now?

When will it be? Only YOU can decide.

Keep coming back.
Old 08-19-2009, 06:32 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I agree with Taz, for me all the excusses came down to the fact that I was not ready to quit drinking. Once I got to that place, or once alcohol mangled me to that point, the excusses were no longer there. The desire to live out weighed the desire to drink.