Old 08-19-2009, 12:13 AM
  # 101 (permalink)  
Rockstar

My middle name is Irony
Old 08-19-2009, 12:21 AM
  # 102 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by thirtybubba View Post
Originally Posted by liquidfireangel

i was kinda wondering something about this too... are ppl only welcome here if they're actively trying to quit drinking or drugs or whatever? i know i dont want to quit.. i guess im just looking for reasons why i should.. i like drinking and i like drugs.. i just dont wanna kill someone drinking and driving, or spend my entire life ****** up and then realize that im a old and ugly loser.. my habits havent really caused that many problems for me yet

no, anybody's welcome here. but if all you're looking for is a reason why you *should* be allowed to drive around drunk, you're probably not going to find it here. because the truth is, you (and me and everybody else) *shouldn't* be allowed to drive around drunk. It's not healthy for a society. there simply is no argument for it.

If you think your problems haven't caused anybody any problems yet, well, congratulations. I cannot say the same. But if you want it to stay that way, well, you're gonna have to surrender your licence on your own accord and never drive again. Because, sooner or later, you will hurt someone that way. Personally, I don't care. I was just fine with never driving again. but I knew I couldn't drive again. so, do what you will. I understand well the concept of dying this way, and, again, i was just fine with it. but for the sake of all that's good and pure, don' take nobody with you now. They ain't ask for it, you did.

And as far as the rest of this thread and where it's went, pick your program if you will. You can argue anything into the ground--He-, come by me, I'll play the game (I'm real good at arguin' with you. Tell me where & when, I can meet you anywhere in north South Central Los Angeles. Each program has a reason for being, and it's helped somebody. Pointless to explain how every one of them has a fault. If you don't wanna get sober, say so and be done with it. I'm fine with that, and I'm sure many others here would be too. I just dont' like seeing peoples' programs being disrespected when they're helping others get what they need.

Have a nice day! (I'm trying to be nice here...) Actually I feel pretty good...
notofeudalism

thirtybubba was referring to the posts you have made on this thread, making a summary of them...this was addressed to you not liquidfireangel...it took me months to figure out how to use the QUOTE option properly!

For me this is one of the best posts so far as it clearly states that whatever works for a person to achieve sobriety is supported by all here and trying to be a belittle other people's chosen paths to recovery is pretty poor form indeed!

What are you going to do from now on about the drinking, the driving whilst drunk and to ensure a happy and peaceful life for yourself?
Old 08-19-2009, 12:31 AM
  # 103 (permalink)  
hypercube

If my opinion makes you feel that it takes everything away that you have worked for then maybe, very respectfully, a thicker skin is in order.
Great, you won't have a problem with me posting this then:

Notofeudalism, you're not making anybody think, you've just posted a series of contradictory, self-indulgent, passive aggressive, smug, and at times condescending crap. You don't make logical arguments. In fact, what you say and believe seems to shift on a constant basis, e.g. on one hand you criticise the 'recovery industry', and on the other you complain about the criminalisation of addiction, which according to you, is a medical issue.

A lot of people have clearly indicated that they use alternative methods of recovery, yet you don't acknowledge this. I think the very fact that they are working on recovery is what you have a problem with. Most people here have been far more accommodating than I personally have the patience for, and many have bent over backwards to offer support to you. I find your posts manipulative, and I think your behavior here sucks.

Let me know when you get over your terminal uniqueness, until then I'll be over here, getting sober with the borg.
Old 08-19-2009, 12:35 AM
  # 104 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by yeahgr8 View Post
notofeudalism

thirtybubba was referring to the posts you have made on this thread, making a summary of them...this was addressed to you not liquidfireangel...it took me months to figure out how to use the QUOTE option properly!

For me this is one of the best posts so far as it clearly states that whatever works for a person to achieve sobriety is supported by all here and trying to be a belittle other people's chosen paths to recovery is pretty poor form indeed!

What are you going to do from now on about the drinking, the driving whilst drunk and to ensure a happy and peaceful life for yourself?
I really think you missed my response. This is the best post indeed. Judgemental and hypocritical. Take a good look at my response and post to that. He is not advocating for sobriety. He is pre judging a poster and condemning that poster. For things the poster never did. Speaks Volumes. The real arrogance/judgementalism shows brightly. I hope everyone here read and sees this, as well as your defense of it. You continue to post falsehoods. I dont drive drunk. I dont even have a license, So keep lying here for all to see. respectfully.
Old 08-19-2009, 12:36 AM
  # 105 (permalink)  
Rockstar

100$ agree with you Box

I have this particular poster on IGNORE so I don't read his drivel.
Old 08-19-2009, 12:41 AM
  # 106 (permalink)  
Administrator

This is turning into a flame war so it's time to move on.