Notices

To Be or Not to BE

Old 08-15-2009, 02:39 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Rockstar

Welcome its nice to see more Brits joining
Old 08-16-2009, 01:59 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Well sadly the British pub is dying out now so at least that is one less hazard to negociate. So odd that the pub in my village is re-opening after two years being closed just at the same time as I have given up drinking. It's one door down too!
Old 08-16-2009, 02:12 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

shakespeare,there was a notice up in my local shop just after i quit drinking,saying they were applying for extended liscence to serve booze at 10.30 am sundays,,,hhhmmm.the amount of times i ran out and was gasping and crawling the walls on a sunday morning! i could care less now what time they serve booze! thought about giving AA a go yet? my other half was posted in kinloss twice,between 87 and 93 and 95 for 5 yrs,,ground radio!
Old 08-16-2009, 11:42 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Day 8. Nope. Not yet made any positive plans to attend. However, I am reading the book Steps of Transformation which is a book about the AA from an Orthodox point of view. If I feel I am beginning to wobble I might have to think about this more seriously. Having lots of vivid dreams at night now. Got through the weekend which was a hump i was worried about. I was at Kinloss at same time as your hubby, I bought a lovely cottage in Findhorn.
Old 08-17-2009, 06:15 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 8 days sober!
Old 08-17-2009, 06:38 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Shakespeare congrats on the 8 days sober. Fredericksburg is still pretty nice, but it is growiing way to fast for me! LOL What year were you here?

I plan on moving when I retire, I long for the serenty and peace so easily found out in the country side. Odd thing, but when I was drinking I had these great plans of stashing booze all through the woods and just drinking myself silly every day in the woods. Now I want to just enjoy the woods and all of the wildlife. Be a part of the woods instead of a drunk passed out in them.

BTW I was in the USAF, and it was a pretty party hard deal, we worked hard and we drank harder!
Old 08-17-2009, 09:24 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

findhorn is beautiful shakespeare,my sponsor is getting married on the beach there next spring.let us know how you get on with the book you are reading and what your thoughts are,,,,,,,
Old 08-18-2009, 03:31 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tazman53 View Post
Shakespeare congrats on the 8 days sober. Fredericksburg is still pretty nice, but it is growiing way to fast for me! LOL What year were you here?

Day 9. Hi, yeah I was there about 15 years ago. I was doing a Battlefield Tour with the British Army and was based in Manasses. I liked the small town feel of the place and some of the older colonial style buildiings. Slice of Old America.

I know what you mean about service life. It revolves around alcohol and yet punishes it's abuse with out mercy. I would hate to have to be a recovering alcoholic and still be in the military! I live in the countryside now and love it. With modern communications I can get most of my business done online and when I need to go work I just head off to wherever I am needed. When I visit cities now I find the whole experience jarring.

Going to bed a lot earlier lately and getting up a lot earlier. So I'm getting more done. It certainly has helped pre-planning this time by buying in beforehand a bucketful of sweets, diet cokes, ice cream etc ect. It means that in the evenings if I feel that ' I need to have something ' feeling I know I've got a kitchen full of stuff to get me to bedtime. Last time I gave up despite this regime the weight just fell off me. God knows how many calories I must have been drinking on a weekly basis!:rotfxko