Notices

Home Again, Home Again Jiggity Jig

Old 08-07-2009, 08:08 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Home Again, Home Again Jiggity Jig

Alluding to me, but actually those were the last words my father spoke as we brought him home from the hospital to die a pretty terrible death from alcohol related problems. I got home (actually house since its not my home anymore) at 12pm after a 20 hour travel day. A long week full of hotel bars, airport bars, and airplane rolling carts. Never picked up. I'm guessing I saved about $200 in bar charges plus my life. Tomorrow I move the last of my stuff into my little apartment and start another chapter in my life. I'm tired, I have regrets but I'm excited to move on in my sobriety. Obstacles are put in our paths to show us that we can overcome them. They appear like curses but they're blessings nurturing our recovery. Namaste
Old 08-07-2009, 08:12 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

Fitz, keep that 'attitude' and that 'gratitude' and you will go far!!!!!!

Glad your trip is over.

Move the last of your 'stuff' and decorate that apartment the way you want it, maybe a 'man's room' ??? rofl

Just know that we are walking with you, in spirit, if not reality.

You did good!

Love and hugs,
Old 08-07-2009, 08:17 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

im glad you got through all that fitz.,,,good look to your new start in your new home.
Old 08-07-2009, 08:19 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I used to read that nursery rhyme to my kids.

To Market

To market, to market
to buy a fat pig.
Home again, home again
jiggity jig.

To market, to market
to buy a fat hog.
Home again, home again
Jiggity jog.

I remember the day I moved out. I wish I didn't have that memory. But better things have happened in my life since then and I have much to be thankful for. Better days are ahead Mycool. Keep the faith that better days are ahead. You have my thoughts. Peace.
Old 08-07-2009, 08:25 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
mergirl

welcome home=)

I am just starting to pack. I will be moving in just over a week. I am leaving a still raging drunk AND entering into the next leg on my sober journey. I'm not real positive where I will sleep, but that just means I will pack light. I don't really worry about a destination, I am just in awe of the journey.
Old 08-07-2009, 08:29 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Keep that attitude of gratitude, hit a meeting, meetings are really huge for me when ever I think I have a problem, I go to a newcomers meeting and I become very aware that I do not have a problem..... possibly an annoyance, but not a problem! Keep in mind that home is where you make it.
Old 08-07-2009, 09:12 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Fitz & Gypsy, I wish I'd had half of the good attitude and determination the two of you had when I moved out and on. Keep it up, it's gotta be an inspiration to the newcomers here!
Old 08-07-2009, 12:16 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Good for you Mycool! Keep the positive attitude and remember when 1 door closes another is opened.
Old 08-07-2009, 12:19 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Home Again, Home Again Jiggity Jig. LOL! I still say that when I pull in the driveway.
Old 08-07-2009, 08:54 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Resident grateful guy!

Originally Posted by MycoolFitz View Post
Alluding to me, but actually those were the last words my father spoke as we brought him home from the hospital to die a pretty terrible death from alcohol related problems. I got home (actually house since its not my home anymore) at 12pm after a 20 hour travel day. A long week full of hotel bars, airport bars, and airplane rolling carts. Never picked up. I'm guessing I saved about $200 in bar charges plus my life. Tomorrow I move the last of my stuff into my little apartment and start another chapter in my life. I'm tired, I have regrets but I'm excited to move on in my sobriety. Obstacles are put in our paths to show us that we can overcome them. They appear like curses but they're blessings nurturing our recovery. Namaste
God never gives us more than we can handle provided we have faith. :praying
Old 08-07-2009, 10:41 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

Obstacles are put in our paths to show us that we can overcome them. They appear like curses but they're blessings nurturing our recovery. Namaste
So true. I have a path that is full of difficulty's...yet I alone tread or retreat in my journey. It is my way and I walk Buddha...all will be well.