Notices

"Newbies"

Old 08-06-2009, 08:26 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

"Newbies"

I was just thinking about something, and am sure I am not the first one to think this. The people that come to SR for the first time and share their stories are so inspiring for us already in recovery. Reading what they are going through, the struggles and pains really inspires me (and I am sure others) to maintain our sobriety. I think it is fantastic, and I really hope that this is not coming out the wrong way.

But, the new comers (and believe me, I am one of them at only 6 days) are very inspiring! They think they have nothing to offer, and that could not be further from the truth! They are inspiring to us while we try to help them!!! It is just one big circle! In hopes that they are the ones helping other "newbies" someday in the future.

So from me to everyone struggling with addiction, a HUGE heartfelt THANK YOU! With this disease, it is so easy to become complacent and even after a few days think we are feeling good enough to drink! Reading their stories really helps!
Old 08-06-2009, 08:43 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I am convinced newbies have no idea how much they help others with their stories. So if you are new or lurking, please post and let us know how you are doing.