Notices

Slips, stumbles, and falls, etc...

Old 07-30-2009, 06:42 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Thanks, Guys!
Old 07-30-2009, 06:54 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Listened to an old bloke share at AA tonight with 51 years sober !!! He had what he termed a "bust" after 6 weeks in AA, and has since got 51 years
Old 07-30-2009, 07:10 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
mergirl

There is a chance I am not an alcoholic by some standards. I did it/am doing it on my own, no 12 steps, no turning that particular aspect of my life over to anyone. I don't reckon I care whether or not I am an ex alki, drunk, what ever, just so long as I never get pissed again and open that door.

That being said, I weird out on "slips", and appreciate the post tommy. I understand when someone has so much turmoil in their life, they just make the decision to numb it for a bit. What I can't wrap my head around are the people who have had alcohol bend them over a barrel, and a few weeks later think maybe drinking would be fun again.

I have heard the siren's call. My drinking voice has told me every ridiculous thing in the book to get me to pick up again. But I can't forget (nor would I want to) what happened when I was last drunk, and I'm not going there again.

Living with someone who had 6 months, decided to drink, and is in the throws of an absolutely frightening, seemingly never-ending binge is pretty good deterrent as well
Old 07-30-2009, 07:22 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Great post Tommy very sound advice. One of the worst if not the worst thing about my drinking life was the lies, I lived a lie got to the point I didn't seem to know what truth was. From the beginning of my sobriety I vowed to stop lying about anything, it's not always easy but I've been 99% honest (there's always the little things like "you like fine" when someone says "do I look fat in this"). God did not gt me sober but he gave me the strength to get sober and I choose to honor him by staying sober.
Old 07-30-2009, 07:22 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

YeeHA Vegi!! and Amen to that.

You GO Girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-30-2009, 08:49 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Every once in a while I have to ask myself if my posts here are helpful to the newcomer.

Or am I feeding 'my way' and/or 'my ego'?

It is all part of the honesty vs. denial subject (the subject of this thread, incidentally).

Does anyone else ever ask themselves... before they post here?

Old 07-30-2009, 09:04 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Sobriety in technicolor

To me, God doesn't KEEP me sober; a hand doesn't come down and block the martini from reaching my lips if I decide to drink.

However having faith in a POWER GREATER THAN MYSELF shows me that life is a lot bigger that me and my little plans and my little self-centered life, and if I want a life, a family, and sanity, I need to do certain things to be rid of my selfishness - the first of those is to put down the bottle.

I pray, I meditate on the things higher and loftier that my shitstorm of a self-centered world, and that helps me NOT pick up a drink, one glorious day at a time.
Old 07-30-2009, 01:54 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Administrator

Every once in a while I have to ask myself if my posts here are helpful to the newcomer.

Or am I feeding 'my way' and/or 'my ego'?

It is all part of the honesty vs. denial subject (the subject of this thread, incidentally).

Does anyone else ever ask themselves... before they post here?
all the time Tommy
D

__
Old 07-30-2009, 02:34 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

tommy, I don't think it matters, you're sharing, I think that does.