Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

Requesting all currently available to come sit on my hands for the next hour

Notices

Requesting all currently available to come sit on my hands for the next hour

Old 07-29-2009, 06:23 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Faerie

I'm here Soosie, can you talk through the triggers, will that help you or will it make the cravings worse?

Whatever is best for you Babe

Hugs

Faerie
Old 07-29-2009, 06:39 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

You didn't cave Soos, good goin'

hugs from Rider
Old 07-29-2009, 08:01 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Administrator

I know that for all of us the first days are the toughest. Addict mind is so prevalent and pervasive. I had a whole routine down, and I am just about to enter into the "danger hours" whereby I feel it is safe and appropriate to go and get my nightly supply (parcel out the beers throughout the day, no wine before 9, etc.--how sick is that?). I've had a lot of "life triggers" today, so the urge is just as strong, if not worse than yesterday. I pray that I will be able to spare you all this self-involvement very very soon! You guys are saving my life once again!
I know the early days are the toughest - but I know you can do this, cos you've done it before.

You've got quite a gathering here - use the love, Soos.
Stay firm.

D
Old 07-29-2009, 08:51 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
getting there

Yup, I agree with Dee, you can do it because you've done it before. And just think - you won't have to hassle with all those pesky rules and parceling out your drinks!

5-9ish is the hardest time for me... some days I can spend all those hours just talking myself in and out of buying a bottle. I discovered that as long as I can make it to 9 or so, take my shower, start getting ready for bed, it seems to go away. It helps me to get through those hours. I hope you find something equally motivating.