Notices

6 days so far

Old 07-28-2009, 07:28 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

6 days so far

Howdy,

I am happy that I have made it 6 days sober today. I am new to this site as well and I am glad to be here. I find that every day I have to turn down invitations from friends to get high or drunk but I keep turning them down because I know I can do this. I am feeling better today than I have the last 2 days and I am excited to keep going. I know things will get difficult again but I appreciate the support of my partner and my new friends here. I really want to understand who I am as a person and since Ive been getting high and drunk since I was 15, I dont think I ever really got to know myself. I am looking forward to that part of sobriety. There is a lot to learn and a long way to go but I know that anything is possible. Thank you to everyone who is here and who wants to be something more.
Old 07-28-2009, 07:46 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

good luck with finding yourself I can relate to what you are going through. You seem to have the right attitude you might want to re-evaluate the friends who tempt you to get high. If you continue to hang with them early in your recovery could make things difficult.

GOOD LUCK

I am 110 days sober.
Old 07-28-2009, 07:49 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Welcome to our family in recovery, hopefully as you read and post here you'll get to know the new you, and put together a plan for your life.
Old 07-28-2009, 08:08 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Living in sobriety

dont think I ever really got to know myself. I am looking forward to that part of sobriety
Its a lot of fun, a little painful at times but oh so worth it and nothing like the pain of before.
welcome and keep posting
Old 07-28-2009, 08:58 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Finding the real me after 40 years of drinking was scary as heck, well as I took the steps and learned who I really was I found out that I was not a bad person at all, even though I had harmed quite a few folks I loved as well as myself I found that being sober I was able to make amends to those I had hurt, the greatest amends I have made for them and myself has been staying sober and being there for them when they needed me instead of drunk.

I found out that I was basically are pretty good person that when I was not ripped was okay.

The steps were where I learned not only who I was, but also how to become the best me I can be. I am comfortable in my own skin and I am able to help others today, not only to find sobriety, but also to be able to be a good father, husband, grand father, friend and employee.

I no longer hate myself nor do I let my past destroy me today, today I use my past to help others.

I have found that finding ones self can be very painful at times, but in the long run it has been beyond rewarding.
Old 07-28-2009, 09:14 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I am on day 2...

I have no clue who I am, I am actually a bit anxious about that. Thank you for your post, and the replies that you received!
Old 07-28-2009, 10:05 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

we can do it
Old 07-28-2009, 10:11 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Disposable Hero

Hello and welcome to the SR community.

i hope that you continue to take daily action
with your desire and decision to stay clean.

Are you attending 90 meetings for 90 days?
Have you decided to ask someone to sponsor you?