Notices

What's your poison?

Old 07-31-2009, 02:45 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
not following you Jade - whats up?

D
[B]this is what you do best,wait,ask and advise..a greeters' job..
is somewhat..."bewildering"..lol Oz..
Old 07-31-2009, 06:52 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by NoelleR View Post
1) "What's your poison?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

What? be truthful........................

2) it will help....explain it all............................................... ............."
or
2) it will help....explain it all............................................... ............."
3) explain it all............................................... ............."

Like Dee74, early on in this thread....: "not following you Jade - whats up?" I'm a bit confused by this OP. I see where most are answering #1 above as to their preference (be it alcohol, and what kind, and/or drugs and what kind), and for me I would have to answer..................ALL; didn't really matter to me, as long as it got me high. But, I didn't then, nor do I now, consider any of it/them poison, per se.....

But that's where my understanding of the OP ends.....OK, I understand being truthful, but 'it will help'...?; to what does 'it' refer?.....being truthful in answering, or just naming one's preference? ....and does the phrase 'explain it all' mean for us to explain all about our preference, or will our being truthful and naming our preference 'explain it all'?......again, whatever it is.....?

See.....? I really am confused. Perhaps you could explain this, or expand on it a wee bit.........eh, jade09.........?

NoelleR
I agree ....
but my thought was only an intent to help...others and myself....
I have found my soberity grows WAY stronger when iI can be honest and truthful about it all....finally being able to say...Yeah....I love drinking...i love being drunk...i love vodka....
even though i also hate it....finally fessing up...coming clean...putting it out there....makes me feel stronger..and at this point in my battle, I am trying to find every liitle bit that helps..that makes me stronger, and makes me remember why I have to make the right choice to never drink again....
Just tryin to take the upper hand over alcohol.....???
sorry if I offended
Old 07-31-2009, 06:54 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Faerie

Didn't offend me, I got where you were coming from.

I'm not ashamed of my issue and find it helps to admit to it and why I do it.

Thanks for starting this thread.
Old 07-31-2009, 06:56 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

thanks lucylechat
the desire to somehow/ANYHOW to feel differnet???? that's the only way I can explain it?? Can I get rid of this feeling/desire.....
Old 07-31-2009, 06:59 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Faerie View Post
Didn't offend me, I got where you were coming from.

I'm not ashamed of my issue and find it helps to admit to it and why I do it.

Thanks for starting this thread.
I can't get rid of the shame yet....???am tying so hard...i know it's only gragging me down...but at the same time? keeping me strong??? don;t know yet??,,,, stillvery ashamed .....tying hard...thats why i posted..trying to finally just let it out...........
Old 07-31-2009, 07:08 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

1.5 Liters of Gin per day mixed with anything. Bottles of Mouthwash if I ran out and the Liquor Stores were closed.
Old 07-31-2009, 07:10 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Sh*it------i thought i would never fess up to the mouthwash....it was only a couple times....but i did it .....
Old 07-31-2009, 07:17 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

AND smoking made me want to drink more.[/QUOTE] I was exactly the opposite- DRINKING made me want to smoke. I embraced nearly every bad habit I could get my hands on, but Alcohol was the worst of them, & I loved marijuana. Smoked cigarettes since I was about 15. To FINALLY be free of those substances is no less than a gift from the Lord his self- there is absolutely NO OTHER explaination for it.
Old 07-31-2009, 08:08 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  
Not all better, getting better

My poison was me. I covered it up with massive amounts of pot 24/7, then washed it all down with some alcohol, but at the end of the day the problem was me. It wasn't until I realized that and started to do something constructive about changing it that I was able to have any kind of chance putting down the substances.
Old 07-31-2009, 08:38 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

My alcoholism is my poison...

My actions and decisions are what either kill me bit by bit....

or finally allow me to start living again...

Boy I sure love that vodka.....

But I hate it even more...

Btw, your signature made me L-O-L, tyler...
Old 08-01-2009, 03:03 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

My poison is my inflated ego, in more certain areas than others. I'd always rationalize and intellectualize things in one area when I would be uncomfortable with things in a different area.

Also my thirst for control. And cocaine and alcohol, and hallucinogens/rave culture.

I try to work on eliminating these, although I still slip into those bad character defects. The important thing is that I can recognize when I'm falling into that, now, and change my thought pattern to something self-less or what I consider the right thing to do.