Notices

Well Here Comes a New Start, Again

Old 07-27-2009, 09:55 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Well Here Comes a New Start, Again

Just signed a 6 month lease on an apartment. I'll be moving out of my home and out from my wife and step kids. After getting sober 4 months ago there have been a lot of relationship difficulties such as my wife liking the personality of the drinker but not the drinking; not knowing the sober person; years of backed up resentment anger, etc. pouring out over the dam; etc. etc. etc. We have set 6 months as the timeframe to work it out or let it go, we are seeing a professional. This is marraige 3, I'm tired of having my bottlely affairs destroy my human relationships. We'll see what we see and do what we do. Nothings off the table but my drinking. I will stay sober through all of this one day at a time. Without the continued sobriety all else is for naught and a terrible waste. I'll keep ya all posted. Namaste from the half single sober guy.
Old 07-27-2009, 09:59 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good to hear how you are working on yourself! And glad to hear you are seeing a professional. Just keep your chin up and keep on working through everything. Who knows, after your wife gets to know sober you she may find she likes you much more than drunk you! Prayers to ya!
Old 07-27-2009, 10:55 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Sounds like you're laying track to a better life. If you need help there are lots of people at meetings who are willing to help you stay sober!
Old 07-27-2009, 02:59 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Mycool,

I'm so sorry to hear that you are separating from your wife. How sad. That's a hard thing to have to deal with. I hope that everything works out for the both of you.
Old 07-27-2009, 03:48 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Good job in keeping your spirits up. Maybe you are looking at this as a second chance or a new lease on life... its definitely a change and a new start. Who knows what lies ahead... sounds kind of exciting. Keep up the good work. In time if you keep up with the sobriety and positive changes I am sure that the things you want in life will fall into place. Life has a way of helping us out when we help ourselves.