Notices

I just had to drink it...

Old 07-23-2009, 08:13 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I just had to drink it...

An ice cold can of Coca-cola!! It was GREAT!!!!!!!!

I have just gotten back from my interview at the job centre. This time 2 weeks ago I was a million miles from where I am mentally at present. I was coming back from London having been on a 3 day, extremely heavy drink and drugs bender and I was mentally and emotionally ruined. I was contemplating not even going to the interview today and just giving up and accepting defeat in life, as I was feeling that hopelessness that bingeing produces, I don't need to explain to you guys! which is why SR is ace

Anyway today, despite having the dissapointment of receiving yet another 'thanks but no thanks' letter in the post from a prospective employer I went to my interview full of positivity and portraying the me that I know I deserve to portray.
My situation is difficult to explain to the advisors at these sort of places as up untill the age of 18 I was doing fantastic, great qualifications, a very gifted guitarist and things were good.
However I lost my way big-time from 18 years of age onwards really and my life is all very much of a pickle throughout those 5 years to where I am now at 23. I suffered with depression and all the confusion and difficulties in forward thinking that can bring and I was always binge-drinking very heavily throughout all this period of my life (though I didn't class it as a problem) and taking shedloads of drugs. I lived the hedonistic lifestyle to the max (which I don't regret in the most part, as I have been there and done it)

Anyway to cut a long story short I literally feel like (and I said to the advisor) that I am just starting my life again from fresh and applying the 'one day at a time' mantra to my thinking. I explained that I have now got my driving-license back and explained I lost it through drink driving and that I no-longer "touch the stuff".
Anyway it went fairly well, bar the fact that I had to take a literacy and numerousy test that literally a four year old could have past ( I went to a top ten Uni upon leaving school, though I dropped out in the second year after passing the first, which I have beaten myself up over a hell of a lot in the past).

Anyway upon leaving and I started to feel a sadness and depression wash over me of "how has someone with so much promise ended up like this?" and I suddenly had strong urges for my old-friend Mr alcohol. They were quite strong and I guess it's because my mind was registering that good-ol-mr alcohol would be able to take that sadness away in an instant.
Howver I saw it for what it was and caught the bus home and cracked open a nice cold can of coca-cola for the sugar, sweetnedd etc and I can honestly say that there is no contest. If I had drank a berr (which I wouldn't have done as I know I am an alcoholic and do not ever wish to drink alcohol again) then I would be an out of control mess now with thinking that is as clear as mud.

So basically thanks to all you inspirational people at SR for giving me the tools and philosophy to be able to reach the decision that I know that by staying sober and living my life sober I can be the person and have the future that I want to have and not the future that alcohol and drugs want me to have which is a future not worth living.

Thankyou. xxx
Old 07-23-2009, 12:42 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
totfit

The saying goes that time heals and takes care of all. This is one thing at 23 that you definitely have on your side. Just by taking little steps in the right direction you can change your life in great strides. If you do not pick up that drink from now on I can guarantee phenomenal results in your life over time.
Old 07-23-2009, 12:57 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Whew! I was afraid to open this post because of the title. I finally did, and boy was I relieved that you just drank a Coca-Cola! Way to go!!!
Old 07-23-2009, 01:08 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

nice one dude!...cocal cola rules in those situations...

totfit is right, you still have plenty of time to fix ur life....just be patient, work hard and in a few years you'll be looking back with a great smile on ur face...

i'm 25, started making a mess of my life when i was 13, sober for about five months, and i allready matured and accomplished more in those few months then in years alltogether...i'm trying to be in university in about five weeks actually..cause i got a college degree i'll be finished by the time i'm about 28. Still young enough to start a decent carreer.

One day at a time, forget the past, don't get stuck in the future, act in the now....
Old 07-23-2009, 03:21 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!