Notices

how do i stop it?

Old 07-23-2009, 05:36 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy how do i stop it?

i dont know whats happened to me! ive been binge drinking for 9 years & im only 20. I never knew how to stop. I did drugs a little bu always went back to drinking. I always tried to stay away from meth, cuz too many things had happened to me because of it. Then 8 months ago i was at the lowest id ever been. I hadent had a drink in two day & i was shaking, & sweating & i couldnt get a handle on anything. So i went to a friend & asked her for some dope. It was the most amazing feeling, & the first time in years i didnt want or feel the need to drink. I always swore id NEVER take meth. After that i swore id never do it again. The next time i used i swore i wouldnt let it get out of hand. Now i dont know how to fix it. If im not drinking, im getting high & if i cant get either, im obssesing about them. Im lying to everyone i love & they know it. I see dissapointment in all theyre eyes & its killing me... I dont know what the hell im doing anymore.
Old 07-23-2009, 06:36 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
6/20/08

You need to get to a doctor. And you need to do it now.

You can either become a statistic, or a survivor. Go Now.
Old 07-23-2009, 06:40 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Yes, please get medical attention as detox can be dangerous. Once you've gotten the drugs/alcohol out of your system it will start to get better. Just take it one day at a time. But please get medical help.:ghug3
Old 07-23-2009, 06:43 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

"I dont know what the hell im doing anymore."

You are headed beyond the gates of hell.

Seek medical help NOW, be honest, be very honest.

Keep coming back.
Old 07-23-2009, 06:45 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

I hope you will call a doctor immediately. You can let go of this addiction and live a sober life. Please let us know how you are doing.
Old 07-23-2009, 06:55 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Rockstar

You've done the first step in admitting you have the problem. Now please take the second step and get medical help to get you through the detox. Im rooting for you
Old 07-23-2009, 07:47 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I'm glad you found this site and that you recognize that you have a problem (and a very serious one at that)...that's the first step. I would suggest as the others have said to get to a detox or dr. ASAP before its too late. Believe me, as bad as things seem now, they will only get worse! Good luck
Old 07-23-2009, 08:05 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I've never been in your position, but clearly you need to follow the advice of the people on these boards. Get to a Doc immediately. It's good that you recognize the problem, and it's good that at age 20, you can still enjoy a wonderful, productive life by addressing these problems now. Right now. Good luck and please post to tells us about your progress.
Old 07-23-2009, 09:01 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Well the good news is:

1. Your young and you still have your whole life ahead of you, many people dont even realise they have a problem until much later in life after many many horrible things have taken place

2. You are asking for help which is the first step to getting out of the hell of addiction

And there is no bad news that I can see unless you continue to use. You will be utterly shocked and amazed at yourself if you can beat this. My life has never been so good (and I already had a pretty good life going) since I got sober and the fog of self loathing and regret has lifted. Its only been just over a month for me but I am never going back to that.

Get yourself on a detox program immediatly. I can promise you, you wont regret it.