Notices

Class of July 2009

Old 05-11-2010, 12:10 PM
  # 381 (permalink)  
DJ1

Hope you are enjoying your cruise

How is everyone doing life is real busy at the moment fill me in on how everyone is getting on

Take care all
Old 06-04-2010, 03:59 PM
  # 382 (permalink)  
DJ1

Just popping back in !! WOW !! where did everyone go love to say HI to all & hope you area ll doing well please post to see how you are all doing or if anyone needs any help ( not that I'm the greatest but I'm here
Old 06-06-2010, 01:07 AM
  # 383 (permalink)  

Im back with a prod from DJ!

Ok what has been happening, well i have been working in Abu Dhabi, left there about 10 days ago, went to Jordan for 3 days, Egypt for 3 days, Athens leaving today to Barcelona then onto Gibraltar for 2 weeks then to UK to meet daughyter for first time then probably back to Abu Dhabi until the end of the year...phew!

Just really getting on with life and trying to enjoy everyday...hmm recovery wise just doing what i have learned in AA...keeping spiritually fit and praticing the steps in all affairs...havent been going to many meetings maybe one every few weeks...will go to more when i get back and looking forward to hitting one in Barca and a few in Gib...

Thats about it really...still posting in newcomers and 12 step...

Pics...

Egypt

Jordan

Misc
Old 06-06-2010, 01:12 AM
  # 384 (permalink)  

Old 06-06-2010, 06:56 AM
  # 385 (permalink)  
Don't resist, allow

Thanks. Great pics and you are smiling in all of them.
Old 06-07-2010, 07:17 AM
  # 386 (permalink)  
DJ1

great pics looks like you're having a good time, always wanted to go to Egypt not sure about he camel ride

Good luck with the UK visit don't forget to have some wlakers crisps for me LOL
Old 06-18-2010, 11:32 AM
  # 387 (permalink)  

Been back in Gibraltar since last week...took 3 days to catch up with friends which was cool and am now back to hanging round with them:-)

I actually tapped back into a few old friends from early last year, its great to see them...obviously not heavy drinking buddies...

I ran into a friend that used to share the good old times with me that i hadnt seen for 8 years, we were talking about him in the morning with another friend then literally ran into him in the afternoon....anyways met up with him and he had a couple of pints (what a gift that is to sit there having a coffee whilst someone enjoys a drink and no problem whatsoever...promises!) and was telling me how he had ditched the drugs when he moved away etc...seemed ok but lets see!

Gonna stay until June 29th then back to UK to see mother, father and my daughter who i have never met so that will be cool...

I was just thinking the other day im staying a friend from AAs villa, my best friend now is from NA and i have at least a dozen real friends from the fellowship...say what you will about AA but i have gone from zero to hero as far as real friends are concerned and thats just ******* gr8:-)

Me and my best mate at Sotogrande Port enjoying lunch with other friends

Old 07-04-2010, 09:09 PM
  # 388 (permalink)  

Class Of July 2009 !

I am Happy to announce that tonight makes one year of sobriety for me!!! 365 days free from alcohol. 7

Special thanks to all of you. SR has helped me during my trying times and has been an inspiration for me to keep going.

Thank you.
Old 07-04-2010, 09:26 PM
  # 389 (permalink)  
HFA

Congrats, truly and inspiration to us all..

Old 07-04-2010, 09:37 PM
  # 390 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats makeitso

D
Old 07-05-2010, 12:53 AM
  # 391 (permalink)  

Congrats Makeitso :day2
Old 07-05-2010, 02:49 PM
  # 392 (permalink)  

Awesome achievement Makeitso!!! 1 year sober is a fantastic achievement!!!

Peace
Old 07-05-2010, 05:55 PM
  # 393 (permalink)  

Hi everyone! For the Americans here, hope you all had a good 4th of July. A holiday that was all about daytime drinking for me in other years was about beach, sun, fireworks, love and root beer floats this year. Frankly, it was one of the best I've ever had.

HFA, you and I have about the same amount of time (Day 8 today for me). I haven't lost any weight either (maybe its the root beer floats ) but I'm hoping to still. I've been tired too but I don't really mind that. I'm normally a bit of an insomniac so sleeping heavily is OK by me.

Congratulations Makeitso. That is amazing and you are inspiring.
Old 09-12-2010, 02:03 AM
  # 394 (permalink)  

Wow this thread hasn't seen some action in a while...so whats been happening with me first?

Haven't worked since June...was planning to stay a few weeks off work and then onto next contract...God had other plans!

So now i am sitting in a paris hotel with my new wife heading back to UAE to take the permanent job i turned down 4 months ago...

Hell of a switch from being single 4 months ago and heading back to the UK!

Hope all are well...or getting there if not at the moment:-)
Old 06-23-2011, 06:40 AM
  # 395 (permalink)  
DJ1

not good

WOw this is not good Im back again did great for a long long time now im back again I pray this is the last time
Old 06-23-2011, 07:13 AM
  # 396 (permalink)  
Owner of a strange glitch.

Originally Posted by DJ1 View Post
I pray this is the last time
Welcome back, DJ. You know, it can be the last time.

I'm in the middle of the United States now, waiting on a job to call me back. I also hope this is permanent, forgot how much I hate applying for jobs. But I passed the background check, waiting on a start date.

And I (finally) got 10 1/2 months sober... doing alright by that too. Lord knows, every reason I've ever made up or otherwise used to drink, those conditions have existed in the last two weeks. And I'm still sober, walking past the street with the bars to the bus stop to my home... (the bus stop is in a bad location, it's not a choice to walk by the bars but it sure is educational if a bit nerve wracking sometimes).

Take care y'all,
TB, also hoping this is the last time... still hate withdrawals and am glad they're 10 months behind me.
Old 06-23-2011, 07:24 AM
  # 397 (permalink)  
DJ1

Glad to see you stuck too it & have 10 months behind you!! good luck with the job,

walking past the bars must be an eye opener when you are 10 months sober! keep strong, that's my goal now just get back on track stop the I can do this on my own crap aa meetings did not work for me but I will have to find some other support the boards helped me a lot last time to stick to it then I stopped coming, & yep i started slowly getting back in to old habits you k now the ones 1 drink wont hurt problem is 1 goes to a bottle so on

So Im back & thanks for the support ill be reading & lurking till I get my jitters gone I know the next 5 days will be rough for me palpertations already started off for a walk !!