Notices

Me and what I am

Old 07-19-2009, 09:58 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Undertow

Can't say I ever heard the song but I'm not exactly in the demographic LOL.

Have you consulted with a Dr. to determine if you do have OCD? I know several other members here who suffer from OCD and alcoholism - I'm not one of them but I hope others will be along shortly to share their experience.

I find SR is enough for me, but some here find face to face support, like AA etc, useful too. Always something to consider.

This is a supportive place. Good to have you with us.
Welcome to SR.

D
Old 07-19-2009, 10:15 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Focus

OCD is different from Obsessive/ Compulsive personality disorder... I agree with checking with your MD... but...

What I know for sure is this... excessive intake of alcohol, like compulsive gambling is not an OCD characteristic. The reason is that you derive pleasure from the latter. NO PLEASURE AT ALL IS DERIVED FROM OCD activities. I won't go into details (you can PM if you want) Trust me! That is textbook!
Old 07-19-2009, 10:30 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi Undertow,

I would def. talk to your doctor about getting diagnosed for OCD. My OCD would come on stronger after I would drink, especially a binge...usually it would be very strong the next day and for a few days after...My skin used to burn too but it was because of anxiety/panic attacks....usually brought on by the OCD....it just all seemed like a vicious circle...drink, anxiety/panic, OCD...over and over...man it was exhausting!!!! I have been sober for 20 days now and while the anxiety/panic is at an all time low the OCD is still around but I am finding I can manage it a whole heck of a lot better sober and it seems to be dissipating a bit. I am rather annoyed by it all to be honest and that annoyance seems to be helping me deal with it. It used to seem like it was "normal" to feel that way and now I know it's not...I hope you stick around as I am sure others will be along to greet you =) I hope to see more of you around the boards....

WELCOME and GOOD LUCK!!!

~Reb
Old 07-19-2009, 10:33 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Faerie

Welcome Undertow,

Congrats in overcoming your nerves and posting on SR

You will find so much support and understanding here, I know I have.

Wishing you all the best from Australia,
Old 07-20-2009, 01:47 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Welcome to our recovery community.....
Blessings to you and your family