Notices

The main reason I am staying sober

Old 07-16-2009, 04:59 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

The main reason I am staying sober

Apart from my daughter and my health,the reason why I am staying sober is because of Jesus, he gave me new hope and new life. When I decided to give up alcohol it was easter monday the day Jesus rose from the dead. I remember going to church on sunday, I always beleived in Jesus and how he died for our sins. After church I was drinking and I remember drinking the saturday night before and I think the friday night aswell. I remember drinking on sunday and I was in my room watching tv. I don't know what happen but I started to freak out. I don't know if I got alcohol poisoning or what it was, but I felt like I couldn't breathe, I didn't get sick though. I was in a state of panic and I seriously felt like I was going to die and I kept thinking of the bad things I did in my life and I remember just praying and asking to let me live and saying sorry about the wrong things I've done. The next day was the starting day of giving up alcohol cold turkey.
After that I was sick for about 2 months, alcohol withdrawal and anxiety, all the stuff that comes from when you stopped drinking. I seriously think that I was sick so I didn't turn back to alcohol. There was some days where I did think about alcohol but then I would go back to that night when I had that horrible experience from alcohol and I thank Jesus so much for saving me that day and have turned my life over to him. He is real and he does save because he saved me. At the moment I am feeling quite healthy and I don't even think about alcohol anymore. Also I am starting to meet new and positive people which is good. Anyway thanks for reading.
Old 07-16-2009, 05:15 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thanks for sharing Maz and I am glad you found your way. Congratulations!
Old 07-16-2009, 05:16 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thanks for sharing Maz.
I'm so glad things are going so well for you

D
Old 07-16-2009, 06:19 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Maz that is great, that is what in AA is refered to as a "Spiritual Awakening", I too had to have one as millions of other sober alcoholics, many do not involve Christ, Buddah, or any of the other major Dieties, but when one finds that Power Greater then themself they do have that spiritual awakening. In AA what ever works for an individual has been found to be more then sufficient for long term solid sobriety. I am glad you found yours, stay in touch and things will go well.
Old 07-16-2009, 06:24 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I am happy for you, tho am a bit envious of your strong faith since mine is weak and wanting.