Notices

Did any of you actually feel yourself recovering?

Old 07-15-2009, 02:26 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I'm so happy for you hopeful! I think we joined SR around the same time and I always like reading your posts, it sounds like you are doing great.

I stopped drinking before anything really bad had happened in my life, so I haven't noticed a lot of major changes, but I can definately tell a difference in myself. I feel more at peace and I feel happier with myself. I can look in the mirror in the morning and like what I see (well... after the makeup that is!). It's just nice being "me" all the time and not the "drunken me".
Old 07-15-2009, 02:41 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Strength from Within

I can feel the difference,my will is becoming stronger everyday.
Not fooling myself ,I know theres a long way to go.
I can now see the path before me,and accept what has to be done .
Old 07-15-2009, 02:45 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Karma Amputee

I suppose you could could say I felt it (feel it) and notice that it's not without many unexpected benefits along the way. Last fall, I just wanted to quit drinking and hopefully get to a point where I was sober and free from addiction on a daily basis. Here I am over 9 months later, mission accomplished with just a few bumps in the road along the way, but I'm also eating so much better, I'm much thinner, the negativity in my head is gone, I've returned to the gym, and overall I am a much more complete, happy person. I like myself again and for the first time in a long time, I am proud of who I am.
Old 07-15-2009, 02:58 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Definitely feeling more connected & in touch with my emotions. Starting to learn all about who I really am again & liking it. Some of the past stuff is coming up as well but heh... I can only take care of the present right now. Hmmmm just a quick thought ... getting to know the present is a present :day6

I feel like I have recently been awakened and I'm really liking the things I am experiencing. There are & will be challenges but I feel that I am ready for them.

Its so great to see that you are doing so well, keep it up!

Take Care, :ghug2

NB
Old 07-15-2009, 03:21 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I have enjoyed reading everyone's posts and feelings of recovery. Maybe this is the start of good things/a new life for many of us. I sure hope so.

There is a song that has been popular called "Welcome to the World" by Kevin Rudolf. It's pretty far from a recovery type song (I think he even talks about partying) but I have been listening to it on my iPod when I run. It seems to hit home to me and I feel that somehow I'm now a part of the world, whereas I was just on the outskirts for quite a while. I'm sure many of us can relate to that feeling. (Kind of like what you said, New Beginning!) I'm glad many of us are experiencing these feelings and I think it should motivate us to continue.