Notices

where I am at......

Old 07-15-2009, 04:14 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

cevin congrats on a week sober, that is awesome.

My other friend who said that he would sponser me, doesn't really ever ask me how I am.
I assume you are talking about an AA sponsor, if you are I would suggest you find a lady to sponsor you. In AA it is strongly suggested that men spnosr men and women sponsor women. A sponsor sponsee relationship is one that should develop into a very trusting relationship and it is not one that is good for sobriety when it may evolve into something more then a sponsor sponsee relationship.

I would highly encourage you to stick with the ladies, find a ladies only meeting and let them know you are new, these ladies have been right where you are at now.
Old 07-15-2009, 06:31 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Tazman, you right that I should find a another female. But I haven't been to enough meetings yet to find one. I have only been to 2 meetings.
My friend started out as just someone I was talking to about trying to stay sober. He has been there, so that was helpfull. I trust him, and I know that the friendship will never go any further than just a friendship. We are both in relationships!
But I am hoping to find a female. Hopefully soon!!
Thanks!
Old 07-15-2009, 06:36 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Pancake View Post
Dear Cevin, ((((((((((HUGS!!!)))))))))))

Wow! I'm so sorry I wasn't on last night and therefore didn't see your post. You have done SO WELL to have a week Sober already especially considering how sad and alone you feel. WE ALL CARE Cevin!! I see your online right now and I'm so glad! MORE Big Hugs to you! I'm also in Canada and who knows - maybe were neighbors?!

I'm also in AA and for someone who "Swore" they'd NEVER go to AA I couldn't have made a better choice!! Not sure where you are in Canada, but if one meeting didn't do it for you TRY another please...I mean a different Meeting...with different people. That can make ALL the difference in the world. They are still people like you and me and nothing says "they're all a shining example of what AA is all about"!

Hope to read more from you soon!

Love Pancake xo
I am planning on going to more meetings and trying them all out. See which group works best for me.
Thank you for your post! We are sort of neighbors. I am in the next province!!