Notices

People S@#k

Old 07-13-2009, 08:58 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
C23
Resident Awesome Guy

People S@#k

So I just got back to work after taking a few days off since my mother was visiting for the first time in a few years. One of my co-workers sent me an IM that some of my "friends" were talking about me while I was gone. THey were saying that they don't even know who I am anymore and that I am a different person. At first I was pissed, but then realized that is exactly what I want people to think. I am a different person and I have changed.....for the better. If they don't think I am fun to be around anymore or don't understand why I choose to not surround myself with drunks, they are the ones missing out. I don't need to worry about things like that at all. My relationship with my mind and body, my wife, my children, my "good" friend/friends, and my higher power are getting better by the minute and that is what I care about. I love you all for being the real support that is needed. I hope I can inspire and/or help others to choose the right path as well.

Chris
Old 07-13-2009, 09:08 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

My relationship with my mind and body, my wife, my children, my "good" friend/friends, and my higher power are getting better by the minute and that is what I care about
that is awesome and inspiring. let them think as they will, right? it's not your job to prove to them the peace you have inside. thank you for this. it's one of those encouraging posts that keep me going. truly.

my best,

bh
Old 07-13-2009, 09:43 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Good for you Chris! Keep up the good work. Just last week I was contacted by a long term (20+ years) drinking buddy whom I cut off contact with when I chose sobriety, he basically wanted to know if I'd "gotten past this little phase yet".... We do change for the better when we choose sobriety and I believe one of the best ways to accomplish that is by closing and locking the doors of the past that encouraged us in our past behaviours.
Old 07-13-2009, 10:03 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Be yourself.
Old 07-13-2009, 10:41 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Nobody wants to have others talk behind their backs. Especially if we think it may be negative things they are saying. And few will express their true feelings when in the company of others who may find fault in what they say. There may be some in the group who were thinking in positive ways about you as opposed to negative. I'm glad you're looking at the bright side of this thing.
Old 07-13-2009, 10:52 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Good for you C23

Here is Fonz quote for ya:

[Marion and Fonzie have been practicing in secret to enter a ballroom dance contest - the family has caught them and offered to take Marion home]
The Fonz: Wait a minute. I don't understand something here. I practice all week until I have to limp home and soak my feet. I spend 18 dollars and fifty cents on a monkey suit. Two nerds come to room, lock me in my bathroom and start calling names. Sherlock Holmes here chases me and starts yelling at me. Cunningham threatens me with physical violence, Shortcake kicks me in the leg and you all want to go home happy. Well let me tell you something, you're not going anywhere lady. THE FONZ WANTS TO DANCE!

"Happy Days" (1974) - Memorable quotes
Old 07-13-2009, 11:56 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
where the light is

I agree.

People are crazy!

I suggest reading up on "ego". I read Eckhart Tolle's "A New Earth." I find that people gossip or cut down other people in order to feel superior & cover up their insecurities. They are feeding their ego.

The key is to NOT buy into their B.S. You have your priorities in order and are not missing out on a damn thing.

Enjoy your life!
Old 07-13-2009, 12:58 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Sobriety in technicolor

Originally Posted by gravity View Post

I suggest reading up on "ego". I read Eckhart Tolle's "A New Earth." I find that people gossip or cut down other people in order to feel superior & cover up their insecurities. They are feeding their ego.

Enjoy your life!
Nice one Gravity! (Now I have "Defy Gravity"in my head from Wicked - LOL) I have learned to "forgive" others for their egos. Remember that our fellows are spiritually sick too. The ego wants seperation. God wants togetherness. Who knows, maybe someday these people will come to you for help with their drinking problem!