Notices

maybe i'm petty, but i'm pissed...

Old 07-11-2009, 04:19 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

"then went to the driving range, dug several gigantic holes in the grass"

Wise man say- "Better to dig big hole in tee box than fall in big hole drunk" ( Well, maybe no one ever said that, but it is true!)
Old 07-11-2009, 07:51 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Wise man say- "Better to dig big hole in tee box than fall in big hole drunk" ( Well, maybe no one ever said that, but it is true!)
:rotfxko seriously... :rotfxko

thank you for that!

and going back to the addict mind, last night after talking to my exgf, so many thoughts rushed in. my paranoia was intense, but this time it was more clear and i couldn't tell if i was distorting memories and new recollections, or thinking clearly and recovering truth. i need to write a post about that in detail, but my addictive mind kept pushing me to run to the nearest bar. I DIDN"T! gonna deal with my thoughts and emotions sober for once. in the past when i felt i was being lied to (or projecting--i was usually the one lieing) i would drink and ignore it until my emotions would blow and i would say hurtful hurtful things. last night it felt like my stomach was going to blow, so i got off the phone and had a panic attack. but I DIDN"T DRINK...

60 hours at noon!

peace and love,

bh
Old 07-11-2009, 08:18 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Administrator

Good for you, BH!

Ya know, recognizing the addict-voice for what it is, is a huge step in recovery. Once you know what it is, you can hear it, dismiss it, and carry on.
Old 07-11-2009, 08:22 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Way to go bh- It will get better as time goes along. You will think more and more clearly. The paranoia will lessen and you should get your timing and swing back in sink. It is A good sign that even under pressure you stayed sober! Proud of you! Keep it up.