Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

Up, down, up, down, up, down........It's frickin' crazy.......

Notices

Up, down, up, down, up, down........It's frickin' crazy.......

Old 07-06-2009, 07:12 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Cool Up, down, up, down, up, down........It's frickin' crazy.......

After talking to my attorney's office today I'm just flat out at the conclusion that she and the magistrate have absolutely failed me.

I tried to call my landlord today but couldn't get in touch with her. I want to talk to her and not just leave a msg.

The paperwork is PROCESSED for my wages to be garnished. The nice little kicker of that is I'm the one that does the payroll so I get to garnish my wages myself, oh what fun!!!!!

Even with a motion to modify in place, I'm still in trouble. I wasn't just looking for a part time job for "play" money, I was looking for a part time job because I NEEDED the money.

Right now I feel ok because I'm so frickin' exhausted. I'm actually ready for bed, ready to sleep.

All day today I just did the whole "fake it 'til you make" thing with a smile, concentrated and focused on my job and tried to push all the BS to the very back of my brain.

I came home and called 211 (Chiynita??? ) and bawled my eyes out on the phone to a total stranger. Then called another friend, then wrote my attorney again (I'm really PO'd about this, I should be), called another friend. Went across the street and talked to one of the Resident Managers of my "home" and gave me a big hug and told me what she thought I should do. LOVE CHILLITTA!!!!!!!

Anyway, I don't know what my boss is going to do or say when the paperwork comes to my office. I'm afraid to death I'm going to lose my job.

SR is a GOD SENNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!! I had a mini melt down when I went to get on and the site was being "upgraded" then I remembered that Dee came to my rescue the other day....... hooked me up with the link for the "faux-site" for me to bookmark. THANK YOU!!!!! I need another brain right now to help me think.

Thank you again to all of you for your support and well wishes. It really means the world to me right now and it is one more thing that I have to hold on to for Dear Life!!!!! Love you all tons!!!! TY SR!!!!!!!!
Old 07-06-2009, 07:18 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

That is like a slap in the face to have to garnish your own wages.

Sometimes it just feels good to get it out and talk to someone who will just listen and console you. I know half my battles are won just by getting things out. Then it gives me the space in my brain to get my thoughts together and think about what else I can do.

I am glad you are reaching out to people. That is so important.

Just stay close hon. We are all here for you.
Old 07-06-2009, 07:39 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
6/20/08

Stick close!

And you know what...it would be really easy for you to use this time as an excuse to use. Good For You for keeping it clean. I think that is the most excellent part of all.
Old 07-06-2009, 07:43 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

more hugs C :ghug3:

D
Old 07-06-2009, 07:57 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear that you have so many challenges right now, may things get better soon. Take care & try to think positive in these trying times.

Stay close :ghug2

NB
Old 07-07-2009, 01:34 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

You cannot be fired for having a garnishment. If you have multiple wage garnishments then you can get fired:

Garnishment
Old 07-07-2009, 02:45 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dgillz View Post
You cannot be fired for having a garnishment. If you have multiple wage garnishments then you can get fired:

Garnishment
I do appreciate that, however I also know that no one needs a reason to fire you other than "it's not working out."

My close friends that know that I've been struggling financially already laugh and recant when they tell me today "it'll get better............" because how much worse can it get? I'm already going to lose my apartment. Isn't that bad enough?

At this point it might be a blessing to lose my job. Maybe it will force someone to do something??????

There is no way that I can "live" like this.

This is all just wrong.
Old 07-07-2009, 09:54 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

(((vegibeans)))

Honey, how are you doing tonight? Have you received an eviction notice? In my State there's some procedures that must be followed. I think it's a 60 day notice and then it's like six months before the sheriff sets you on the curb. A lot can happen in six months, for the better!

With this economy I foresee a lot new living arrangements, like roommates, happening. It could end up being an OK deal if not a better one for you.

I don't know employment law in your State but you might look into it. I think there's a "Just Cause" clause out there. Check it out. If they fire you, let you go or whatever they call it, you can ask for a "Just Cause" in writing (both ways, your request, their answer or lack thereof). I'd ask in person and if no results, I'd send a certified letter. If the employer is being "sweet" and blaming everything but their true intent, remember: It's business. It's not about being friends or "sweet" to you.

Also, would you be able to collect unemployment? That's something else to think about! And you might check out any and all service for women. They may be able to direct to something in the way of housing, services and maybe a competent lawyer regarding the award to your ex-husband.

Please keep me posted. Stuff like this really, really bothers me.

Love,

Lenina
Old 07-07-2009, 10:23 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Statutes & Constitution :View Statutes :->2000->Ch0061->Section 30 : Online Sunshine

I don't know if that would be helpful. But it seems to me that at least that should help you calculate an accurate estimate of what you should be paying
Old 07-08-2009, 03:58 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Even if you go by what I actually GROSS, I'm still required to pay more than that. There is something I am not getting here. I am working on it though. Thank you sfgirl!!