Notices

ready to quit but scared update

Old 07-05-2009, 05:24 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

ready to quit but scared update

Thanks for all the great advice. it really has helped. I recently moved here and dont have a regular GP, however I looked up a detox centre in the local area as many of you have suggested and called them and told them my situation, I was completely honest with them about how much, how long and why I drink and that I was thinking of slowly tapering and asked thier advice. I also told them of my anxiety isssues and that I have anxiety over taking any type of pills etc. anyways they said the tapering as they called it should be okay considering the amount and time I have been drinking for is not too long, I will try this however they were also albe to point me in the direction of some local GP's I will also explore that option as well for the anxiety issues. my intention is to reduce my alchol consumption slowly maybe 25ml less each night right now I drink max 1 bottle of red wine a night for approx 5 months but it was always around 1/2 to 3/4 just recenlty increased within the last 3 weeks. however I was like most people unaware of how bad this stuff is for you so when I found out I wanted to back it off. I originaly thought it would be better to have a couple glasses of red wine before bed than take sleeping pills that the doctor perscribe as they are also highly addictive and unsafe. so now I will have reduce my alchol consumption right down and do yoga or meditation more exercise to battle the insomnia. i here that drinking lots of water and juice helps while reducing or detoxinng is there anythingelse foods vitamins etc? i will keep you posted
Old 07-05-2009, 05:34 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

hi again AMDDE
I'm pleased you talked to someone. I hope you find a GP soon.

There's a whole thread here about what to expect, some handy tips that kind of thing

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...at-we-did.html

and, if you haven't seen it and you're interested, we have an entire forum dedicated to Insomnia

Insomnia/Nightmares - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

D
Old 07-05-2009, 05:45 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

thanks dee i will defintely check out those links