Notices

I am so scared and I don't know what to do????

Old 07-04-2009, 11:37 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

are you doing ok today?

Hey just want to say happy 4th.
Old 07-04-2009, 07:15 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lifechanging View Post
Hey just want to say happy 4th.
Well the friend that I mentioned in the beginning of this post, the one who's husband called me? She's dead. That has me now wondering how long and how much one can take? I know how badly she wanted to do the right thing. I know because she told me. Her and her husband were fighting and she went out. So how much is enough? This is about my X. He knows I'll be homeless. Makes me wonder how far to my knees I have to go? Who hates anyone that badly? Do I have to be dead? Is that going to be enough?
Old 07-04-2009, 07:47 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

I'm SO sorry about your friend, but you're not her. She made her choices and it's so tragic what happened to her. You're making your choices, too, and it seems like you have a lot of support here. You're still alive and that means there's still time. Your ex sounds like a jerk, but what happens in your life shouldn't be about him, either. Just keep on pushing forward. I know you can, just by the things you've said.

As for being sober getting you to this point? My mom recently fussed a lot about how unfair and hard her life was. She wasn't anywhere near to the point of struggle you were. But she was still really upset. I got tired of hearing her attack the consequences of her drug use for where she was and what was happening and I remember telling her that life isn't any harder or more complicated than it was before. The difference was that now she was sober and actually had to deal with it.

I hope that's not coming off as mean. I just don't want you to think you can't get through this. You've gotten through bad times before, but in unhealthy ways that led to only more bad times. This time you have sobriety on your side and you can do this with your eyes wide open.

I'm betting you're tougher than you know. All the people who have replied to you seem pretty sure of that, too.
Old 07-04-2009, 09:47 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

OMG I am so sorry to hear about that, but it isn't u and you need to stay strong we r here for you. Maybe go to church and cry it out. I know if isn't a guy thing but just get it out of your system you are a good person or you wouldn't be trying to help yourself out of this. rught. U are in my prayers and i hope to talk to you some day we must must help eachother that why we found this web site.