Notices

Goodbye booze!

Old 07-02-2009, 01:06 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by mattcake79 View Post
Welcome back Sable, good decision I don't mean to nitpick, but you said . In my experience, it's easier to make changes when you *want* to make them, not necessarily out of a sense of obligation or because you're being forced to do so. Just a thought Keep reaching out!
Yes, but that is what's different this time. The other times I just thought that I "should" quit, but I didn't have any real motivation. I do this time though. Like I said, I've had some scary physical symptoms lately, and thats what woke me up.
I went to the doctor this morning actually and he confirmed that my health problems were all because of alcohol. He was going to look into some "outpatient program" (or whatever it's called), so I guess that's my plan for now. He allso suggested antabus, but the last time I took it it made me feel awful so I don't know...

But I am really motivated this time. Still feeling pretty bad from detoxing though....

Thanks for all the replies and nice words!
Old 07-02-2009, 01:12 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bdiddy5522 View Post
Hey Sable,

We can do this together. I am on my 2nd day now without a drink. So I know the mental and physical battles you are waging right now. Let me know if I can help in any way.
Yep, not feeling very good physicly right now, but I feel better than I did a few days ago.
Thanks, and let me know to if I can help, I'll probably be around here more often now.
Old 07-02-2009, 01:55 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

(((Sable1)))

Good for you and I know that you can do this. If you quit now, all your health problems will just go away. give it a good try.
I drank so much over the years that you and I could swim in it....
Old 07-02-2009, 02:59 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Glad to hear you went to the doctor, so what are your plans for long term sobriety?
Old 07-02-2009, 03:45 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tazman53 View Post
Glad to hear you went to the doctor, so what are your plans for long term sobriety?
Long term is going to be the real challange. I guess I'll have to find some friends who don't drink and some sort of support group... I know that It's gonna be hard to stick with it otherwise.
Old 07-02-2009, 05:19 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

I use AA to maintain my sobriety, AA is not the only recovery program though, so check others out, as far as face to face support and making long term sober friends I doubt you will find any others like it though. I can travel to almost any where in the world and find AA face to face support.

I am going on vacation next week to Chincateague Va. which is just a tiny little Island and it has 2 meetings a week. Last time I was there I found some great folks there.
Old 07-02-2009, 07:36 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Hope you start feeling better soon Sable. Glad to see you again!
Old 07-02-2009, 12:36 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

I will defenitly look into what kind of groups are around. I'm not sure it will be AA though. Does the people in AA range from different age-groups?
Old 07-02-2009, 12:37 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by misstep View Post
Hope you start feeling better soon Sable. Glad to see you again!
Thanks, feeling a bit better now, but this whole detox thing was enough to make me want to never drink again!!
Old 07-02-2009, 12:40 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tazman53 View Post
I use AA to maintain my sobriety, AA is not the only recovery program though, so check others out, as far as face to face support and making long term sober friends I doubt you will find any others like it though. I can travel to almost any where in the world and find AA face to face support.

I am going on vacation next week to Chincateague Va. which is just a tiny little Island and it has 2 meetings a week. Last time I was there I found some great folks there.
Thanks, I will defenitly look into what kind of groups are around, but I'm not sure it will be AA. Does the people in AA range from different age-groups?