Notices

Major vent for me - sorry.

Old 06-29-2009, 06:10 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Major vent for me - sorry.

Have to vent or I might have a problem else wise.

We were suppose to refinance on our house. We were suppose to get money back and would be able to zero out our credit card. We needed to get a certain amount on the appraisal of our house, but if it came in low. We were suppose to be able to get a second one. A bunch of suppose to's I know.

Here is what went down. We were appraised at $10,000 under what we needed. I said no problem we'll go to the next appraisal. FHA no longer does that she says. I'm told we have to pay for the appraisal at $470 if we back out. If we go forward we will have to come up with some of the costs at closing. We have no friggin money here.

Had a trip planned to N.Y. as many of you knew. My trip was only possible if we could skip that last mortgage payment and I could apply that money to my trip. Had a trip planned to N.Y. as many of you know. I have to cancel it. My Dad is to turn 70 years old and we haven't seen him in a very long time. Not going to happen. He was actually choked up when I told him. That was hard because he was the kind of Dad that never let his kids see him cry and now this.

I really am so upset and so disappointed and so pissed and so frustrated with life. It really sucks right now and I just want to scream. My son keeps coming in my bedroom and is worried because Mommy is "still" crying.

Life has its ups and downs, but this is pretty down for me right now. I would say the biggest disappointment since I stopped drinking.
Old 06-29-2009, 06:13 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Glad you got the opportunity to vent here.

Stay strong.
Old 06-29-2009, 06:16 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Oh gosh, I am sorry you're going through this.

I have no answers for you, but can only send lots of hugs and prayers.
Old 06-29-2009, 06:25 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
where the light is

Maybe look at it as postponing your trip, not cancelling it. Things are bound to improve financially in the future right? (A little tip: my wife plans trips years in advance - she puts away a bit of money every month).

My best wishes.
Old 06-29-2009, 06:30 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks Grav, but I really wanted to make my dad's 70th. That's the part that sucks. I even had a cool present started. I redid all his childhood pictures, 60 of them, recropped them and retouched them and were going to put them in a bounded book and give that to him for his birthday. If I can afford it I will still try to do it, but I wanted to be there and give it to him. Pretty selfish of me, but I wanted to see him open it.
Old 06-29-2009, 06:30 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I glad you came here to vent HL, i can only imagine how let down you must feel. Hopefully another opportunity to go to NY and visit your father is in the near future.

Love ya,
Suzette :ghug3
Old 06-29-2009, 06:36 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Were you planning to fly to New York? Is it possible to drive or maybe take a bus or train...a cheaper way to get there?
Old 06-29-2009, 06:43 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Horselover, I'm so sorry. Your heartbreak is evident in your words. I wish I had something more significant to offer you than words.
Old 06-29-2009, 06:44 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Flying would have been cheaper, but now to get tickets would be ridiculously high. We were going to drive and that was part of the adventure and the vacation. The drive would have been 4 days and 3 nights there and the same, of course, on the return. I can only do 7 1/2 hours by myself.

I did have a thought and maybe this means my mourning period is soon ending. I thought there might actually be a reason to this. Maybe I would have gotten into a bad accident or maybe my son would have gotten sick. I know it sounds crazy, but maybe there is a reason I am not driving back there right now. I'm still VERY unhappy and disappointed but this reasoning does seem to make a bit of sense to me. I look back on my life and I see reasons for most everything. Sometimes I'm lucky enough to see the reasons immediately, but most often I have to look back.

Ups and downs and reasons for both I guess.
Old 06-29-2009, 06:47 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thanks Misty. Just knowing someone cares really helps me through it. I really appreciate the people that take time to actually say I don't know what to say, but I'm thinking of you or whatever. It really does help. Thanks again. You are perceptive too. I am a bit heartbroken. No I'm pretty messed up about the whole thing. I know there are more important things in life, but this was pretty major for me.
Old 06-29-2009, 06:51 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm really sorry to read this Sarah.
I wish I had some answers for you - but at the moment all I have are hugs too.

(((Sarah)))

D
Old 06-29-2009, 07:04 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee. I need the hugs. Pigging out on pistachios right now. That's my fix for tonight.
Old 06-29-2009, 07:08 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
TC MI

Vent On.....:Hope all goes well.. Jay
Old 06-29-2009, 07:13 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

(((((Horsey)))))) I am so sorry! Have you checked out priceline or orbitz? I wouldn't normally recommend them but you might be able to find a deal. Maybe some alternate routings or airports?

You're in my thoughts.

Love,

Lenina
Old 06-29-2009, 07:14 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I am sorry Sarah.

I think you are right to look at this in a fatalistic way, sometimes better things can come from a seemingly bad thing.
Old 06-29-2009, 07:22 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Thanks all. I can't even think about going on with this trip financially speaking. Our card is the highest its ever been and my medical insurance for son and I is $202 a month plus the crazy high finance charge. We have to put about $300 on the card to break even and then to pay down the debt it has to be more then that.

We dug this hole and now we have to figure a way out of it. I thought the refinance would dig us out and then my paycheck could go into savings. My paychecks will be going towards the credit card. Let it be a lesson to anyone out there with little credit card debt - KEEP IT THAT WAY!

We have never had credit card debt before and it keeps me awake at night. We have always paid our bills on time and even had a savings at one time. We were saving for son's college in a nice little fund. Not doing that currently. No 401k currently. Really just getting by and so no, I can't go on a trip. I can't even justify a trip to Walmart right now.
Old 06-29-2009, 07:24 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

I have also found that things work out for a reason. I know it always sounds trite in the
face of adversity, but if the trip was meant to be, it will happen.

Your present sounds like such a gift of love, that will travel along to your father on his birthday, whether your there physically or not.
((hug)) Stay strong, keep crying if you need to.
Old 06-29-2009, 07:41 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

May something turn up that works, I know I am so lucky to have my father close & still with me.

Take Care

NB

Maybe try some last minute deals@ Cheap Flights, Hotels, and Rental Cars -- Discount Airfare | Priceline.com or www.expedia.com

Expedia flights - book discount airline flight reservation online
Old 06-29-2009, 07:45 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Oh, also wanted to say that you can put together some pretty beautiful albums & colages at Picasa 3: Free download from Google as well as animoto - the end of slideshows

If you want to get him something until things get better ;-)
Old 06-29-2009, 07:46 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

I'm sorry too....(((Sarah)))