Notices

Major vent for me - sorry.

Old 06-29-2009, 07:57 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Aw. I'm so sorry, HL. I hope you can vent, eat pistachios, sleep, and wake up in the morning feeling a little better. Your dad knows you love him I'm sure.
Old 06-29-2009, 08:05 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Administrator

yeah...I know he knows it, S....keep working on that gift too - it sounds AWESOME

now, pass the pistachios
D
Old 06-29-2009, 09:02 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Sarah-I'm so sorry about this.I want to say more but I've been sick today and am heading back to bed.Just wanted you to know I'm thinking of you hun

Jules xox
Old 06-29-2009, 09:19 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

When I first started reading this, my thoughts were - well, she's not meant to go. I wouldn't have said that, though, unless you had first! It sounds so cold - but I feel very strongly that this particular trip wasn't meant to be. I never used to think that way in the past, but now that I'm sober I'm much more philosophical about things.

Maybe you can still go, but changes to the trip will be made - and someday you'll know why. Still, I am sharing your anger and sadness tonight - you know I am! I will email you later, love.
Old 06-29-2009, 09:19 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
where the light is

I did have a thought and maybe this means my mourning period is soon ending. I thought there might actually be a reason to this. Maybe I would have gotten into a bad accident or maybe my son would have gotten sick. I know it sounds crazy, but maybe there is a reason I am not driving back there right now. I'm still VERY unhappy and disappointed but this reasoning does seem to make a bit of sense to me. I look back on my life and I see reasons for most everything. Sometimes I'm lucky enough to see the reasons immediately, but most often I have to look back.
"Nothing happens in God's world by mistake."

I'm sure the disappointment sucks but I also believe that there is a reason for everything. You will see your father when the time is right. I know that the milestone is important but the love you share will always remain no matter where you are.

I am a bit heartbroken. No I'm pretty messed up about the whole thing. I know there are more important things in life, but this was pretty major for me.
I do think that this is important and I am a bit sad for you (I actually called my mom after I read your post to make sure she is okay (she is fine)). But like everything else, this too shall pass.

Take care. Everything will be just fine.
Old 06-29-2009, 10:59 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

((((HL))))) gald you let it out and I hope you get there another time.

((((Jules))))) get well quick
Old 06-30-2009, 02:57 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

S.. I'm sorry to hear this. I also believe in a bigger picture - there's no way to know, but maybe this situation will work out in an even better way than you had planned. In the meantime, pistachios are great therapy
Old 06-30-2009, 03:28 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Sarah being upset is so understandable, let me throw this out there, perhaps you could fly your dad out to see you all? Give him the plane ticket as his initial present and then the album when he arrives. Maybe this is not doable either, but it might be.
Old 06-30-2009, 03:51 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I'm sorry to hear of this. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers that you can have your trip after all. Big hugs!
Old 06-30-2009, 05:08 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Hey S - Sorry I'm late on this....All I have for you is a hug (mainly because Miss Joanie -Hevyn- already took my answer! LOL!) and a tiny bit of advice....I know your son is a little younger than my youngest, but don't worry about letting him see you cry. We all get our hearts broken in life, sad but true, and the sooner that kids learn that their parents are "real" people with real emotions, etc., the better off they are, IMO. You are setting a mighty fine example for him - crying over missing your daddy's birthday is extremely noble, considering how many of our elderly are sitting in nursing homes waiting for visits that are never even considered, let alone planned and looked forward to.

You are a wonderful daughter and mother and friend....but pistachios???? COME ON, S!!!! This calls for ice cream, candy, soda, french fries, something more FUN than pistachios!!! (hopefully that gets a little smile out of you!)

Love you! Jomey
Old 06-30-2009, 05:09 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

You guys really are amazing. As far as flying my Dad out it is a great idea, but I think he'll come on his own with his wife (my stepmom) at some point this fall or winter.

I haven't given up. We called the mortgage lady and she said we could close and they will be able to roll the cost into the mortgage, but no money back. That's not the best scenario, but it would work. If, and this is a big if at the moment, we can close this in July I could still maybe go. If it closes in August well then no. Son starts back to school in August and I have a friend I'm feeding her animals for while she's away in August. Promised her that months ago and can't go back on my word. See July is the only possibility. If I can get tickets under $1000 round trip then son and I will fly possibly. It still may work out and if not, I'll live. It just feels so bad, but I actually felt the feelings and I didn't drown them. I do feel glad that I didn't drown them because I know when things get that bad its okay to cry and really hurt because like cravings the feelings go too.

Thanks again SR for helping a person through what could have turned out to be a relapse, but wasn't because posting to you good people REALLY helped me. This is why SR can and does work. I really am thanking God (my HP) for this place and each and every one of you. xoxoxoxox Sarah
Old 06-30-2009, 05:36 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Sarah I pray that what will be will be and all will be good in the long run.
Old 06-30-2009, 08:59 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  
6/20/08

We are thankful for you, too!

I hope everything works out....I agree w/Hevyn, btw. Hard to accept right now, though. Best wishes to you and your dad.
Old 06-30-2009, 01:48 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
IO Storm

HL

I hope everything works out just exactly the way it is supposed to. The best way

for you, and your family. Don't give up!

Hugs, and prayers.
Old 06-30-2009, 01:53 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

I'm so glad you are here, you have been a positive in my life and recovery. It will turn out okay. It's amazing that we get through things without picking up that drink today. I know my HP is working overtime with me lately, ha ha.
Old 06-30-2009, 05:15 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

I really dont have any advice either. Just want you to know I am thinking of you and hope things all work out.
Hang in there and dont give up on anything.
Old 06-30-2009, 05:25 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

Hello, HL. Hope you are feeling better. Hang in there.
Old 06-30-2009, 06:13 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

****{s}}}
Old 06-30-2009, 06:49 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Had a long talk with a friend I work with today and she told me ever since her brother died when he was 15 years old she views life quite differently. She said money is money and you will usually always owe on something, but we never know when we might lose someone or we, ourselves, might not be around. She isn't saying to be careless, but she did advise me to continue with the plans to go to N.Y. Husband urged me too.

I bit the bullet and put the last charge I will make on the card and found a pretty awesome deal. Son and I are still going, but we are flying rather then driving. My dad is actually relieved because he was worried about me driving that far. I think I could have handled it, but . . . will never know. I am just happy to be going period.

Wanted to let you all know there is a happy ending to this story and I will be off the board for awhile starting July 20th. Hugs - Sarah
Old 06-30-2009, 07:01 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Sorry double post.